And i'm Fired

Nothing about having a Dream is practical

Therefore, if you are thinking ... hesitantly.. maybe you just aren't cut for this.

The reality of Ultimate, solo success.... it's for the people who are stupid enough, to not know when to stop

I'm not hesitant wether to build my own thing or no, I'm 100% sure that I have to do it. There is no doubt about it. Because I know that I'm definitely not cut for a day job.

What I'm trying to figure out is the best way to go about it.

I've had plenty of chances to stop, but writing a forum entry about it, would take too much.

And anyways I think I'm getting a bit defensive, it just rubs me the wrong way when someone says that I'm not cut for it. But then again, I haven't and I'm not sure I can provide enough background info about me. So absolutely no offense taken. I would probably come to a similar conclusion.

There are many faults to my character no doubt about that, but lack of persistance, it is not one of them.

I agree with both points.

On one hand you gotta do it, because how can you know if you don't?

On the other it's almost crazy because you chance of success is low considering you basically just have a few months tops and really only one go at it. Ultimate confidence in yourself is great, but determination wins the race. I feel it's more about getting past the "temporary defeat" more than anything.

I can't tell you what to do, but word of warning. I had a buddy who did something similar. Spent all his money. Crashed his car. Went nuts. Ran up tons of debt on his credit card. Ended up in the loony bin and had to be put on meds.

In short, it went fucking bad. I would love to give you all the confidence in the world but you might end up living on the street selling yourself for quarters.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, if the shot you are taking is going to destroy you if you fail you should consider look for better opportunities / odds.

Best of luck.

It wouldn't absolutely destroy me financialy, I would just have to pull my shit together for a while and could get back on track within a year or so. So that is not the real issue.

I don't have any kids or family that I need to sustain, it is just me.

Hmm reading your thoughts and questions being asked reminds me of a friend of mine. Had some success online but always looking for the next big thing. Moving to another location to get a better feeling to work for, having another idea that might work better. Needing to hear your thoughts and brain storm together.

The thin red line in his life is his inner desire to think himself out of sticky situations feeling guaranteed of success even before work is started. What is lacking in this thread is action and alot of it.

Man I failed so much shit and fucked up a million times, I kind of started over from scratch 3 times working online, I still feel like a novice even though I run a 6 figure company(on track for first 7 digit year) hiring 7 people.

I still wonder if my crazy ideas will work out, but in the end so will I never know until I take action.

How comfortable are you with being uncomfortable? Can you deal with severe stress and anxiety? It will be there and it won't go away until things starting to work and money is coming in?

In the end so is it decision time, take the plunge. Because worst case scenario so will you fuck it up and if you fuck it up so do learn and deal with it and move on and start the next idea.

About 3 - 5 years ago I would have agreed with you that I'm looking for the magic strategy or formula, that does not require a lot of work and can make me rich fast, but I've been long past those days.

If I'm going to do this, them I'm continuing with the project that I started in August and did until December, it showed some promising results. And using the data that I gathered from the campaigns and the shop I did some calculations on REAL DATA, if that keeps up, then it shouldn't be a problem to launch it, but winds can always change.

Anyways, I gave myself until today midnight, to decide what am I going to do. I have 6 hours to go, I will let you guys know what I've decided.

I'm gonna keep it short and sweet since the senseis have already spoken before me. You only need 500€ per month to survive, you don't have any kids to look out for, you won't be in complete financial ruins if you fail, you say you're not cut out for a day job, and you've found one of the best resources on the whole internet to guide you forward... Just do it. This is your opportunity.

I absolutely agree, that most people that advise me to go for it are high achievers.
Maybe most of them is, but I'm not one of them for sure (not in my own opinion).

I went cold turkey into this, leaving my job in 1 second flat when my "boss" pulled this one last unfortunate (for him) string on me, there was no return, but to be honest it was growing up in me since my school days. I knew that I'm not the kind of person who will be happy working for other person (long term...). Anyway, I can't consider myself a high achiever, especially comparing myself to more experienced and successful guys in this sport. To me it's just drive or passion, to break or create something. Whatever it is doesn't matter because it's all the same at the end of the day. Balance sheet will add up one way or another, sooner or later. So the main question is, am I passive or active twords what life (other people) is throwing at me?

Lulz

You're fine... for fucks sake, making 800$/month on Upwork should be a piece of cake with the skillsets you're learning.

You're fine... for fucks sake, making 800$/month on Upwork should be a piece of cake with the skillsets you're learning.

You are probably right, but If I start on upwork, from what I've heard it is extremely hard to start from scratch there, because you need feedback to get hired, and you need to get hired to get feedback, so it is a loop from hell.

Can I turn to you for advice if everything goes to shit? :D

You are probably right, but If I start on upwork, from what I've heard it is extremely hard to start from scratch there, because you need feedback to get hired, and you need to get hired to get feedback, so it is a loop from hell.

Can I turn to you for advice if everything goes to shit? :D

I went the UpWork route.

Started way below my rate, and built up from there. Now is a good time to start at least doing few hours of work a week, so you can build up your profile stats and rate. So if things go to shit after few months, you will have an option. Plus you will be able to make some money, without having to spend 40 hours a week, plus no need to drive to work, which costs time.

Don't go too insane, you don't want appear too cheap. Act profession, fill your profile out as much as you can, make sure to choose the right clients too, so you don't end up with bad ratings.

Tell them that the only reason its so cheap, is that you want to build up your profile. Go way above whats asked from you.

The first job I did was like 4-5$ per hour, did few hours and ended up getting more work from him for 8$/hr, plus a 5 star rating. After that it gets easier.

You can cover half of your costs by doing 10 or less hours per week within 2 months.
And that would allow you to have much less stress, and buy you more time.

Aaaand, you still would have enough time to work on your own sites.

^

Fuck that. I'm not going to lift a finger to make 4-5$ a hour. or 8$/hour. Dont' even start that low... maybe start at like 15$/hour based on your skillset (facebook ads, e-commerce, etc.)

There are tons of people looking for help with e-commerce on Upwork.

From what it seems like, your experience with e-commerce and Facebook ads (including video ads), you could easily charge 20$/hour, and 30-40$/hour with a good Upwork profile. I charge 60-80$/hour but I have more skills and experience.

With 20$/hour you can replace your full time income easily.... and get paid to learn in a way where you still have a majority of time to work on your own.

@Klayne and @Island so I set up my profile and added skills, like PPC/ AB testing/ KW reserach / SEO writing/ CRO. Basicaly everything that is connected with Ecommerce aaaaaaaaand my profile didn't get accepted. :D

They wrote that they currently have no jobs available for my skillset, maybe I should put entry level at the experience tab and try to resubmit. Any ideas?

I wrote a lengthy reply with step by step instructions and then deleted it.

Reason: People all over the world have figured out how to add their profile to Upwork. If you cannot even get your profile accepted, how will you manage to accomplish anything bigger? How will you compete with those people who are ready to work for lower rates?

Please do not take this as a negative reply. I feel that spoonfeeding answers to those questions will hurt you in the long run. At some point, you need to start using your brain to build your business.

This is not such a complicated thing to do. Figure it out yourself. You will be better off.

Please do not stop asking questions either. If you ask any other complicated questions and if I know the answer, I will surely answer. I am sure others will as well.

Yeah, you will get a lot less proposals at $15/h and above, but don't even try to go lower than that. Most of low paying jobs are total shit you want to stay away from, trust me. Also, try to focus on just one thing, like onpage seo, marketing automation or infographics design, whatever you feel good at, or you think you like.

Protip: marketing automation and interactive/animated infographics are on the rise now.

Drop me a PM with your CV/skillset/strengths and weaknesses

I'm always looking to hire solid talent.

I might hire you TacoCat. Lets chat.

Even if not that, I may give you an opportunity to help..... absorbing some risk of faith just to believe in a Dreamer... unlike anyone I ever went to. I like the fact you found this forum... shows some sort of something.

Throughout your entire life, you will face a handful of critical moments - moments where you will be forced to make a decision that changes your life in some way or another. These few moments are the ones you will never forget, and you will know that these are the moments/decisions that made you who you are. As many have stated, this is your opportunity to go for it and make IM work. Either that, or stop spending any time/thought on IM and focus on getting a job and living that lifestyle.

You said yourself that you do not want to work for someone else - so grab the opportunity and go for it. Kill it. Set reasonable, short term goals, and SMASH them. Increase difficulty. Rinse and repeat. Spending the next few months under pressure will help you learn more about yourself than being a corporate slave ever would. Any of the worst case scenarios you can think of are all scenarios that you can bounce back from. eliquid summed that up perfectly.

Stop thinking, start doing. After years of sites not going very far, I broke through and had a couple of solid wins. Shortly after, I quit my full-time job because I wasn't happy and I have been dedicated and focused on one major project, which has been gaining tons of traction. The more time I spend on it, the more I realize how much potential there is for us, thanks to the internet. And between all of us who try and take IM seriously, there is more than enough to go around for everyone.

uozmYNi.jpg

I got told today that I'm beeing laid off. Due to lack of productivity. And to be honest, I'm not blaming them. I did spend a lot of time scheming my next move in the Digital Warefare.

At this point I'm left with no income, no savings. A credit line of 1.4k that I have aviable and the salary that they are going to pay me out, that should cover two months of living expenses.

Now I'm at the crossings, I have to choose, weather to pursue IM full time, I would say that there is a 60/40 chance of succeeding witht he Internet Shop that I was running. As I wanted to expand it to another country. (since I found a niche that sold like crazy here I wanted to try just that in a country that has more to spend)

OR I could look for another job.

By pursuing IM there is a chance that I could end up with no money at all and unable to pay the rent and a maxed out credit card of 1.4k.

if I take on a job, I can barely spend any time to work on IM, since it takes a lot of time to get to and from work, then make a meal and then do some shit. Maybe 2 hours max per day.

I just needed to write this down. I will make a decision this weekend.
What about a part time job?
I'm kinda doing the same with more savings.
It covers my basic expenses and it keeps me active/motivated (you know that voice in the back of your head going "Still wasting time working for other people?").
For me it was a no-brainer.

my2c :D

Back