Anchor Text Question

luxer

In the midst of chaos, there is also opportunity
BuSo Pro
Degree
Has anyone experimented with creating backlinks from the search bar of the site they are building?

For example using the anchor text "protein powder" but using the search query url

Code:
<a href="https://www.steroid.com/search/?query=protein+powder ">protein powder</a>

Google can index dynamic URLs if you choose to allow it. You could choose to allow that one specific one.

The problem arising with dynamically-populated content is that someone could turn around and search "whey protein powder" and end up with the exact same results. Eventually you have a Panda problem if you let them index any search query.

Google actually contradicts itself to some degree:
They say they can handle dynamic URLs just fine but recommend you create a static URL for the page.

I don't see any advantage in what you're talking about doing. I'd rather create a massive static page I could optimize and rank than one that's going to change any time I publish more content about protein powder. If it was follow'd and index'd then you might be able to pass juice to those pages or at least increase their crawl budget.
________

That was me thinking you were talking about having that link in your main menu. In terms of building links in general...

As a way to push juice to those pages without hammering them with links themselves, that's kind of interesting.

This could be a good idea and worth a test on a crap site. Way better than this other hair-brained idea I saw where some guru was suggesting you find a Google search result you rank for and start building links to that result, because it would pass juice to you and you'd rank better for that term (despite you passing the same juice to your 9 other competitors).

Does Google not appreciate when content is not static as it shows it is a something that is being built on consistently?

Ok some more details, lets say I am doing this for a page that has 5k words on it already, and new information will be added to it monthly.

I have seen success by creating pages say 500 words, then going back and adding to them over time to build them up. The spider bots seem to come back and appreciate the added content.

I have never experimented with building dynamic url links of this kind, and yes it would be more about passing juice than anything.

A sneaky trick that I have used in the past is misusing and abusing brand names. So lets say my website is a branded name lets call it "Built protein.com". And on that website I also sell another brand of protein called "big daddy protein".

If you hammer bigdaddyprotein.com with a slew of "built protein" keywords you will make them rank a bit higher for "built protein" but more often than not you will also shoot up in the rankings for "big daddy protein". They might attain page 2-3 maybe, but you can often take down page 1 with this technique.

Anyways.. always looking for new and creative ways to do things, thanks for your feedback @Ryuzaki always appreciated!

Back