Amazon Country Question

Degree
Holy good fuck... I now know why I have never messed about with Amazon affiliate programme. So unclear and so complicated for pennies of commissions.

Explain it to me like I am five....

Do you really have to sign up to multiple accounts for different countries? WTF... Then use genius plugin to redirect visitor clicks based on geo.

This is part of a major new project I have underway so keep an eye out for a tasty new AMA thread incoming soon. If I could away without using AMZ on this site I probably will as it is a fraction of current revenues but in the early days every dolla counts. Amiright...

I can only speak for using Amazon OneLink.

Yes, you'll need to sign up for Canada, United Kingdom, France, Spain, Italy, and Germany. It takes like 20 minutes total and doesn't require you to add any additional coding to your site. These other countries were about 10% of all my revenue in 2020. Very worthwhile. Definitely not pennies.

Wait wait, this sounds like a question I asked before, almost word for word. Did you copy paste from me? =O

It SOUNDED LIKE ME!

Ok here's the quesiton I posted on this forum before:

"Can anyone explain to me the whole Amazon Associates Affiliates deal? So you create multiple accounts one for each region, big hasle. Then you figure out a way to serve the right link to the right user depending on their region, then you have to submit tax forms on all of them? And if you don't do it all right you basically lose most or all the money. That's what I understand. But so many people use and it's so popular that I might be missing something."

Not exactly word for word but I though it was me writing lol.

Wait wait, this sounds like a question I asked before, almost word for word. Did you copy paste from me? =O

It SOUNDED LIKE ME!

Ok here's the quesiton I posted on this forum before:

"Can anyone explain to me the whole Amazon Associates Affiliates deal? So you create multiple accounts one for each region, big hasle. Then you figure out a way to serve the right link to the right user depending on their region, then you have to submit tax forms on all of them? And if you don't do it all right you basically lose most or all the money. That's what I understand. But so many people use and it's so popular that I might be missing something."

Not exactly word for word but I though it was me writing lol.
Plot twist - my name is David and I own btc

I can only speak for using Amazon OneLink.

Yes, you'll need to sign up for Canada, United Kingdom, France, Spain, Italy, and Germany. It takes like 20 minutes total and doesn't require you to add any additional coding to your site. These other countries were about 10% of all my revenue in 2020. Very worthwhile. Definitely not pennies.
Thanks man - will do now and check out onelink

Assuming you're promoting products on a website, you should check your analytics dashboard and find which regions are actually receiving significant traffic. If you run an english site, chances are US, Canada, UK and maybe Australia are the main source of your traffic. If that's the case, just sign up for those. Note that OneLink doesn't work with Amazon Australia, so you'll have to use Geniuslink or something like the AAWP plugin which also supports geotargeting.

It's a pain. I use genius too for redirecting links and skimlinks too for getting into affiliate programs quicker.

Back