Amazon Associates Removing OneTag and Content Insights

Degree
I just received this email from Amazon Associates:

Hello associate,

We launched oneTag in 2018 to help you utilize auto-tagging, OneLink geo-redirection, and Content Insights as a beta.

Based on the beta feedback we decided to stop supporting auto-tagging and Content Insights at this time. We recommend using our existing link creation tools here to tag your content. We will improve Content Insights based on your feedback and plan to re-launch at a later time.

We updated OneLink to work as a standalone tool, that does not require the installation of oneTag. We will shut down oneTag on April 17, 2020. Please remove it from your website before the deadline. No action is required for geo-direction, as OneLink will continue to function without oneTag.

We remain committed to your success and will continue to release enhancements to make it easier for you to improve performance. If you have further questions or problems, please contact us here.

I contacted their chat support and the representative verified that you can remove OneTag now and OneLink will function correctly. The visitor will continue to click on your Amazon.com link and be redirected to their country's Amazon.whatever site. The representative also verified that we can remove OneTag now and it will work. The OneTag needs to be removed by April 17, 2020 or you won't get credit for sales through OneLink.

I am a bit sad about Content Insights disappearing. I used that a good amount to see which pieces of content were making me the most money. It was also an easy way to check which page had dead links (like if a page had a high amount of clicks to Amazon, but super low conversion rates).

I guess the silver lining of this is that it sounds like Content Insights might become a solo product separate from OneLink. I'd like to use it but don't use OneLink at this point.

I used that a good amount to see which pieces of content were making me the most money.

You can create separate tracking ID's for pages, that's what I do. I don't know if there is a limit to how many tracking ID's you can add, I currently have over 150.

Why, lol? It's super useful, for example, if I have 150 buyer guides on the site, I know exactly Amazon clicks, products ordered, AOV and revenue for each buyer guide in a month. I have got some great strategical insights from this information to help me do my keyword research for next buyer guides/reviews so they maximize my revenue/EPC and minimize content creation costs.

I still can't believe Amazon, being a huge fucking company, can't implement click hashes and simple s2s postbacks from sales. Even the worst of the worst affiliate networks out there promoting the scammiest pharma, pills, business opportunities etc. have this tech. Not even sub-IDs.

So far I have found no solution to have a sensible EPC tracking via Amazon.

Back