Alternatives to Siteground & Knownhost

Degree
Can any recommend a hosting company that provides managed hosting and VPS's. Looked at both Siteground and Knownhost but want know of any others that is worth looking into.

Thanks!!

I migrated from siteground to cloudways digitalocean plan a year ago. Load speeds dropped from 2s to 1s.

What do you want to host? Where do you want to host it (US, UK, EU etc), and what level of traffic do you get?

I've been very happy at KnownHost. Their support is fantastic. My only complaint is that their TTFB can be slightly slow from time to time on our VPSs but I'm just overly OCD about adding 50ms or whatever it is.

Recently moved from a Dedi server with a company I had been with for 7 years to UpCloud. Rating them so far (Wordpress)

I also changed my WP/Nginx management system from EasyEngine to Wordops. Didn't like direction that EE was going and WO is a fork before EE went south.

+1 for cloudways as well. Moved from digitalocean direct (as lack of support was frustrating) and they are great. Been looking at amazon lightsail, but it looks like they have no support (other than documentation)

Liquid web has the best tech support I have come across. They are pricey when just comparing tech specs.

I'm currently using OVH renting a dedicated server there. I have been using their vps services on and off for years now and they have great uptime and an awesome support team.

im using gridpane. support is awesome. servers are from linode and vultr.

Late as an answer for OP, but FutureHosting is a solid provider.

I assume that "managed vps" means looking for peace of mind and FH delivers. Had a VPS there for 3 years, zero issues, great support (moved away only because my main provider got me a great deal on a dedi).

Two caveats on FH:
1) I have no experience with their standard managed VPS, I used an Hybrid -- looks like there's quite a difference.
2) The "free cdn" is (or at least was) utterly useless because it has no SSL support (unless they added it recently).

I migrated from siteground to cloudways digitalocean plan a year ago. Load speeds dropped from 2s to 1s.
+1 Digital Ocean is awesome

You can use their one click open litespeed WordPress image to get going pretty fast. (assuming you're using WordPress ofc.)

Thanks for all the help guys, we have are using Cloudways and it been great, good speeds and outstanding customer service.

Just a quick question, does anyone know of a free email solution for it? We did have Mautic & Amazon SES set up but we need another solution for sending one of emails

Amazon's Cloud services are a way better alternative. Especially since they are scalable.

Back