Alternative methods of receiving payment from freelancers?

Sutra

Investor and Business Mentor
BuSo Pro
Degree
I use Upwork to hire writers, which is cool to vette new freelancers, but they take 20% of the freelancers pay. Big chunk. So if possible, I'd like to accept payment using a service that's secure, easy, and charges minimal fees. I know Paypal is an option but I've never used it to send many consistent payments (as I would be doing sending payment to multiple freelancers).

What do you recommend?

If you have Business account, Paypal has a thing called Mass Payment. You upload there a txt file with the payment list, and you pay fix $1 per transfer, while your payee doesn't pay paypal fees from such transaction at all (which makes this tool priceless for anyone who wants to cut these fees which may be huge for big sums - it's only $1 against usual 3-5%).

I think Payoneer has such multiple payment option too, and other systems like Paxum and Epayments, but here i may be wrong.

If you have Business account, Paypal has a thing called Mass Payment. You upload there a txt file with the payment list, and you pay fix $1 per transfer, while your payee doesn't pay paypal fees from such transaction at all (which makes this tool priceless for anyone who wants to cut these fees which may be huge for big sums - it's only $1 against usual 3-5%).

I think this may be the solution to what I was asking about here, but I'm not positive.

I think this may be the solution to what I was asking about here, but I'm not positive.
Yes you can send the payments to your "teachers" with masspay. But one important detail: you can send masspay only from your paypal balance, not from your attached cc. So if you collect the "students" payments on your paypal beforehand, you should be all good.

Yes you can send the payments to your "teachers" with masspay. But one important detail: you can send masspay only from your paypal balance, not from your attached cc. So if you collect the "students" payments on your paypal beforehand, you should be all good.

In order to get the cheaper fees, do the payments have to be sent out at the same time every month? Or the same amount? Is there any catch to this?

In order to get the cheaper fees, do the payments have to be sent out at the same time every month? Or the same amount? Is there any catch to this?
No, here it's all clear. You can send the masspay anytime, one line or hundred lines, doesn't matter.

Back