Aged Domain + Amz Affiliate

Degree
Hi All,

I discovered this forum recently, spent a lot of time reading!

So I do small niche Amazon affiliate sites, went from 200 to about $1500 per month since last year. £

After reading @Charles Floate 's latest experiment with an aged domain, I decided to try it myself.

- Bought a brandable (.biz extension) domain from @tbsolutions - failed social network with DA 38, lots of power links mostly branded anchor text to the homepage. Only the home page was still indexed.

- Built an Amazon affiliate site on it, https, Google speed optimized

- Created a 3700 Words Best product Reviews / Buying Guide on it. Keyword in title + H1 (identical) & H4. Good content, well researched, the topic has nothing to do with domain's previous topic.

- Ahrefs competition= 2. I wouldn't say it's a super easy keyword but no high authority site is targeting it, small niche site on page 1 so doable.

- Sent it for indexing via Webmaster tools, money page indexed, drip feeding social signals for a month.

.... 24h later, the page is still indexed, however not showing in the top 10 result pages for the keyword, or variations.

In my experience, with fairly new domains this would have been indexed maybe page 4 - 6 depending on the competition.

Bit Anxious to see the post ranking at least in top 100 (it's better and longer than anything out there on the topic), wait and see....

Do you guys have experience with aged domains? (negative or positive), what do you think?

Hi All,

I discovered this forum recently, spent a lot of time reading!

So I do small niche Amazon affiliate sites, went from 200 to about $1500 per month since last year. £

After reading @Charles Floate 's latest experiment with an aged domain, I decided to try it myself.

- Bought a brandable (.biz extension) domain from @tbsolutions - failed social network with DA 38, lots of power links mostly branded anchor text to the homepage. Only the home page was still indexed.

- Built an Amazon affiliate site on it, https, Google speed optimized

- Created a 3700 Words Best product Reviews / Buying Guide on it. Keyword in title + H1 (identical) & H4. Good content, well researched, the topic has nothing to do with domain's previous topic.

- Ahrefs competition= 2. I wouldn't say it's a super easy keyword but no high authority site is targeting it, small niche site on page 1 so doable.

- Sent it for indexing via Webmaster tools, money page indexed, drip feeding social signals for a month.

.... 24h later, the page is still indexed, however not showing in the top 10 result pages for the keyword, or variations.

In my experience, with fairly new domains this would have been indexed maybe page 4 - 6 depending on the competition.

Bit Anxious to see the post ranking at least in top 100 (it's better and longer than anything out there on the topic), wait and see....

Do you guys have experience with aged domains? (negative or positive), what do you think?

I have covered this a bit before, but it's generally to do with the re-purposing sandbox.. Especially if your site is a completely different topic/niche than before it can take a little be longer:

I normally build at least a few links to the new domain within the first few weeks and it speeds up the process.

This is a non-niche relevant domain I picked up at the start of May.. Built out the site around the 18th - 25th and it didn't index for jack, then week or so later boom:
cbe54a9fd8c9e84fe83ae1975c27b29f.png

(The 1/1 ranking is the URL, just to make sure it's indexed)

I've built 15 PBNs, 10 Video Links, 10 Q&A Links and a handful of comments to help speed up the process and obviously help rank the site.. It'll be another 2 months or so before I'm top 3 but it's well on track and I've done this countless times now.

Thanks @Charles Floate , well that's both super interesting and reassuring!

I never used an aged domain before, the sandbox seems to me even worse than with a new domain!

I'm guessing the link juice "advantage" shows after it passes that sandbox ...

Will follow your advice here and send Social signals, Some Q&A and Blog comments links, one or two authority links + Post 3X Long-form posts, unrelated to each other.

Might try @JT1 's links although not sure if that would be pushing it.

If this sandbox is related to topical relevance, I'm Thinking to do a multi-niche site.

So no idea how it's going to respond but I will update the thread.

A few days later, posted another big page.

This time more related to the original industry of the domain.

Immediately indexed on page 3 & 4. Less competitive too, but something tells me it has to do with relevancy
uAfX5Tb8rwAZQib3knvamGaeYJ0l366BM2SVkTG1ic_LrNdh7jDD6g

Last edited:
Relevancy does seem to matter a lot, as much as being optimized for a specific keyword. One without the other doesn't seem to do much but both together packed with a lot of LSI keywords you'd naturally use has been the key for me to rank for more than one keyword for post lately.

I'm not saying I hit the top 5 or 10 for everything since link building is a much harder process to scale, but I can see a big difference when I cast wide nets in the rank tracker. The one that's "topic optimized" gets higher on all terms and especially the main term versus the one that's optimized around one term and not deeply discussing the topic (lack of LSI).

Interested in seeing how this goes when and if Google releases the throttle.

Relevancy does seem to matter a lot, as much as being optimized for a specific keyword. One without the other doesn't seem to do much but both together packed with a lot of LSI keywords you'd naturally use has been the key for me to rank for more than one keyword for post lately.

I'm not saying I hit the top 5 or 10 for everything since link building is a much harder process to scale, but I can see a big difference when I cast wide nets in the rank tracker. The one that's "topic optimized" gets higher on all terms and especially the main term versus the one that's optimized around one term and not deeply discussing the topic (lack of LSI).

Interested in seeing how this goes when and if Google releases the throttle.

Thanks for checking my thread :smile:,

I meant relevancy in terms of what the domain was used for, and the types of sites linking to it.

The first target post was not at all in the same industry, and is still not in the top 100, while the second one is closer and it seemed to respond better.

Not sure if that was the reason or the competition level. In terms of LSI and optimization, they were about the same.

Posted another one, indexed on page 2 (low competition) =>

iCVKXPDgsy0cuUggcradMjrjVm_Nuo7QyEfihbcg-xvma169_7ZY2g

For now just sending video & social media shares links, and slowly adding silo content. Next month I will send a few links and update progress here!

Back