Adwords PPC Evolution - The Begining

Degree
Hi guys - I am about to start my first "real" Adwords PPC Search Network campaign. I have run a few small test campaigns in the past but with very limited $$$ - more as an experiment in to how to use Googles interface and get a feel.

I have 60 days to evaluate and document my PPC journey - this will be the base data collection period that I will need to prove ROI for future spend .....Exciting :D

Does anyone recommend a Wordpress PPC Landing page plugin, solution?
The reason I ask is I want to be able to move fast on the results I determine from my testing, I will have the developers hand code this once I have a winning formula going forward (unfortunately it take a while to get requests though the dev queue).

Appreciated guys.

Reactions: Nat
Ok so I ended up buying Thrive Themes... I got annoyed at the cost of all the others and though to myself this looks ok ... lets make it work (plus I could use it for other projects with its other components).

But... I am trying to push square pegs trough round holes... as usual. If only when I was a kid there were programming, design courses in secondary school... I may have given a shit and this wouldn't be an issue and would not have to use so much "gaffa tape".

Oh how I wish it had a form builder built in, with the ability to post form data to an external web service ... rather than just capture emails via a 3rd party service ...

Anyway... Using a combination of Thrive (content builder - could of probably done without for now, but its got a pretty good drag and drop interface), Ninja Forms (with the layout styling plugin addon - Im no css wizard), and the 3rd party Services plugin (I need to send http form data to a web service to activate free trials on the server) that works well with (pre version 3 version of Ninja forms).

Looks like when I get up in the morning I will have a bunch of pretty shit hot landers that are now matching the competition... so its all about mirror and improve from this point.

Ok landing pages are at level I can work with .... all based on keywords for the Adgroups.

I was thinking I need to maximise the budget ... and paranoid or not, I know the competition will see some of the ad variations and click on them - so... I have created a new email account and going to email them all individually and collect office IP address to block in Adwords...

Oh how I wish it had a form builder built in, with the ability to post form data to an external web service ... rather than just capture emails via a 3rd party service ...

Use contact form 7 instead of the external web service if all you want is a form that goes directly to an email. All you do is remove the default email (name, address) fields, and replace with the drop in type called "Wordpress Content." Then take the contact form 7 short code, copy and paste that code in the text tab of the Wordpress Content field.

The only problem doing it that way is that leads will not be added to a mailing list, and you'll need to use some custom CSS to make sure the form looks right.

I was thinking I need to maximise the budget ... and paranoid or not, I know the competition will see some of the ad variations and click on them - so... I have created a new email account and going to email them all individually and collect office IP address to block in Adwords...

Depends on how much budget you think you're going to lose to these guys really. I'd be surprised if, at the end, it would really even figure into your statistical margin of error.

Personally, I try to take the view that it's better to concentrate my time on my customers, and the competition can go to hell. For the little it helps, I'm hoping this new-found zen will take off long-term in delaying my first heart attack.

Back