Advice for Purchasing a Site and 301ing it to my Current Site

Degree
Hey guys,

Happy new year, hope everyone is doing well.

I am currently thinking of acquiring a site in my niche and redirecting it to my main content site.

I'm not planning on redirecting everything to the homepage of my site, but instead I'm going to rebuild most of the content onto my current site and then 301 the pages there.

While the section in the crash course about expired domains had some good tips about redirecting an expired domain, I wanted to see if anyone has any experience rolling up another site in their niche.

Any other Do's and Dont's?

Additionally, can anyone speak to the increase in DR that they recieved in doing something like this? I'm sure it will vary on a case by case basis, but any insights would be appreicated.

The site I'm looking to buy is about 20 points higher than my current project based on the ahrefs scale and it also has a fair amount of strong links, so I'm sure it will provide a boost. But I'm wondering how much juice, if any will be lost from the 301s.

Looking forward to hearing what you guys have to say, thanks!

As long as you are essentially moving the site and its content to a new domain, then you should keep all rankings.

I am skeptical that 301 domains increases the overall "page rank" of the site more than just linking to it from the domain.

Back