Adsense account limitations - any advice?

Hi,

I have 6 sites under one adsense account and have received a limtation on my account due to 'invalid clicks'.

Only thing i can think of that could have caused this is:

- my earnings increased from £3-4 to £10 per day last week
- one of my sites went had 19 clicks one day and then 111 the next?

Neither of these things appear to be bots or malicious. Was wondering if anyone has had similar issues with adsense?

Ryuzaki

お前はもう死んでいる
Staff member
BuSo Pro
Digital Strategist
@abbykmorley, what does this limitation do to your account?

Back when I was using Adsense, I'd have gobs of invalid clicks be removed from my account every month. It was a lot, but it was also a fraction of the amount of legitimate clicks I was getting. My point is, everyone gets invalid clicks, so it's probably more about the ratio of invalid-to-valid that got you in trouble.

Did you traffic double last week? And on the one site that went from 19 clicks to 111 clicks the next day, did you see an over 5x growth in traffic that day?

If not, they were definitely invalid. The only thing I've seen that can affect click through ratings that much without changing anything else is suddenly ranking much higher on Google, which means you're getting higher quality traffic that's more likely to click. But ranking higher also means receiving more traffic. Did you receive more traffic?

In my opinion there's not a lot you can do about this other than get a lot more legit traffic so your ratio of invalid-to-valid clicks decreases drastically.

Also, what kind of sites are we talking about? Are they content sites? Forums? I've found Adsense on forums is a bad idea because your regular users decide they want to start helping out by clicking ads, which obviously sticks out like a sore thumb and causes problems.