Adding value to product feeds with external APIs and AI

bernard

BuSo Pro
Degree
This post is meant to inspire to think about possibilities.

I'd like to add a tip to those of you who use product feeds on your sites, to allow visitors to browse many products instead of just from Amazon.

Usually these feeds are restricted by the affiliate program to a few product attributes.

Having an ability to search for products is obviously cool for the visitor, but not as helpful, as if you go the extra mile and value add to your product feed.

Here's an API that gets dominant color from an image: http://apicloud.me/apis/colortag/docs/

How cool is that? Now you can value add a "filter by color" even if it doesn't exist in the original data material. Just call it directly from WPAllimport.

I'm guessing that these kinds of APIs, particularly using AI are going to very soon become quite common and for the affiliate marketer/webmaster, they're going to open up a world of endless value added possibilities.

Here's something kind of related I saw a while back:
These are two examples. I can't find the original one, but it turns out a ton of companies are popping up. Basically they can visually recognize products within images, tag affiliate links, and if find visually similar products too.

You as the owner of the product would tag the product with a bunch of keywords in specific categories:

Xx4C1cs.png

Then the AI scripts analyze the pictures and apply labels to the same categories, and then it can run a search through the databases to find either the exact product or similar ones:

jVBcUOS.png

For fashion bloggers, this is a game changer. Imagine not having to do anything but post pictures and produce content, letting this kind of thing do all of the affiliate link work.

Back