5 months old website with more than 300 content and doesnt rank yet

Degree
Hi, my name Is majid so happy to be here with all of you SEO masters.
I have a serious problem with my Blog, I started my blog 5 months ago and published 3 articles every day now I have about 300 articles on my website. All of the articles are 100% unique and have great grammar and images and also have a good quality of title and descriptions. All of the terms that I targeted are easy-to-rank keywords and are low-volume search keywords.
Now after 5 months I have just 500 visitors per month and just 7 keywords on the first page of google. I checked Technical issues and update all of my content 1 time. Do have any idea? what can I do for this website ):
The niche of website is about dogs

Can you fill us in deeper on the following...
  1. How many articles are indexed out of the 300 articles?
  2. Are you interlinking to other pages and homepage within each article?
  3. What are you current domain metrics (Majestic, Ahrefs, etc)?
  4. When you say low competition/easy keywords is that based on a keyword tool (Majestic,Ahrefs, etc) or your own seo audit of the serps (Top 10-20 results on Google)?
5 months is still quite early for a site trust factor depending on the niche/vertical, unless you are activity acquiring high quality niche relevant backlinks.

Hi, thank you for your response.
1- All of my articles were indexed
2 - Yes every article have a 3 to 5 internal link to other related articles
3 - I can't understand your question
4 - when I said low competition keywords I mean those keywords that have competitors with low Ahrefs domain rate (1 to 5) and also KD of keyword in Ahrefs is between 1 to 5 and also just have 1 to 15 websites in the search result that has exact terms in titles.

Your site is young. Google doesn't trust new sites because if they did the search results would be filled with spammers. You shouldn't even be worried about this until month 9 I'd say, and you won't see traffic really explode until month 12.

You'r publishing a good amount of content. Just make sure you're getting some links to your site too so when Google does start to trust your site, your traffic can grow as fast as possible. It'll happen, you just have to be patient. Keep working hard until the websites first birthday and you'll start seeing some action.

Your site is young. Google doesn't trust new sites because if they did the search results would be filled with spammers. You shouldn't even be worried about this until month 9 I'd say, and you won't see traffic really explode until month 12.

You'r publishing a good amount of content. Just make sure you're getting some links to your site too so when Google does start to trust your site, your traffic can grow as fast as possible. It'll happen, you just have to be patient. Keep working hard until the websites first birthday and you'll start seeing some action.
Nice. I'm starting to do some link building in Article submission websites and get some social signals.
What do you think is good? I'm trying to build 1 or 2 per day

Young site or not, if he had great content targeting keywords with 0-10 MSV and did some basic interlinking + submitting to GSC, he should be able to rank. I launched a brand new domain in November that already has 230+ Keywords detected by Ahrefs in the top 100, and I've got 10 keywords in the top 10. The only links being sent to my site until mid-January were random shitty scraper websites with mostly redirect links, and I didn't go seek those out, they happened naturally.

In the past 7 days I've had 125 organic visitors, past 30 days 422. Yesterday was our biggest day so far with 30 visitors. Now that I'm getting traffic, I'm seeing us move up in ranks for higher MSV keywords.

All of this is covered by CCarter in the Ranking with No Resources thread and I've been careful to use the avalanche method.

And most of my content was written by an AI (then edited carefully by me).

All of this is to say, the sandbox is garbage :smile: This guy's website probably just sucks

Young site or not, if he had great content targeting keywords with 0-10 MSV and did some basic interlinking + submitting to GSC, he should be able to rank. I launched a brand new domain in November that already has 230+ Keywords detected by Ahrefs in the top 100, and I've got 10 keywords in the top 10. The only links being sent to my site until mid-January were random shitty scraper websites with mostly redirect links, and I didn't go seek those out, they happened naturally.

In the past 7 days I've had 125 organic visitors, past 30 days 422. Yesterday was our biggest day so far with 30 visitors. Now that I'm getting traffic, I'm seeing us move up in ranks for higher MSV keywords.

All of this is covered by CCarter in the Ranking with No Resources thread and I've been careful to use the avalanche method.

All of this is to say, the sandbox is garbage :smile: This guy's website probably just sucks
310 of the keyworda are on the top 50 and 22 are in the top 20 . But just 5 of them are in the page 1 of Google. Can I send you my website address to have a look ?

What are you even carrying on about? You're acting like you're having some giant success while "the other guys website sucks".

Lets compare the stats that you both typed and see what the difference really is:

AgeKeywords in Top 10Monthly Pageviews
Him5 Months7500
You3 Months10422

You're on the exact same timeline, making the exact same progress. And neither of you have anything worth writing home to mom about.

You should try to have a bit more respect for other people and some retrospection before you dog someone like you did and before you draw conclusions about the sandbox when your daily traffic high score is 30 visitors.

Looks like your website is still in Google sandbox. You need to wait a least 6 months to get out of sandbox.

Hi, my name Is majid so happy to be here with all of you SEO masters.
I have a serious problem with my Blog, I started my blog 5 months ago and published 3 articles every day now I have about 300 articles on my website. All of the articles are 100% unique and have great grammar and images and also have a good quality of title and descriptions. All of the terms that I targeted are easy-to-rank keywords and are low-volume search keywords.
Now after 5 months I have just 500 visitors per month and just 7 keywords on the first page of google. I checked Technical issues and update all of my content 1 time. Do have any idea? what can I do for this website ):
The niche of website is about dogs

For 300 articles and only 5 months in - you're right where you should be. Keep going!

For a little inspiration... here is where my site was 5 months in (and this is with 700+ articles!). You're ahead of me. Now, this site brings is 5,000-6,000 organic visitors per day.

5-months-in.png

What's your general niche? Eg YMYL will be hard, etc.

When choosing low competition keywords I don't use ahrefs
because their competition is based on links. Even if you choose competition levels 1 to 5 those pages have links going to them.

I always look at the top 10 results and look for user-generated content in the results.

For 300 articles and only 5 months in - you're right where you should be. Keep going!

For a little inspiration... here is where my site was 5 months in (and this is with 700+ articles!). You're ahead of me. Now, this site brings is 5,000-6,000 organic visitors per day.

5-months-in.png
Great stuff Larcha. How long are your articles and are they informational or affiliate keyword targeted?

We need more emotes than like. It’s 2023

Also seriously go use search console more.

If you write that much stuff that’s genuinely unique they have pity and start suggesting stuff to you.
Can you elaborate on finding new keywords to write about in the search console? Are you looking for keywords that are closely related to your current ranking keyword terms?

Can you elaborate on finding new keywords to write about in the search console? Are you looking for keywords that are closely related to your current ranking keyword terms?
I've looked at keywords an article is ranking for but shouldn't necessarily be ranking for.

Say I write an article about "selling your paintings online." It starts pulling in ranks, bringing traffic, all that good stuff. I check GSC queries it is ranking for and find a large number of impressions but low clicks for keywords like "how to make money with art," "how to sell art as a college student," "how much to sell art for," "best sites to sell art," and "sell your art online."

(I did this with an article, replacing the niche with art)

All of those keywords can be their own articles because they're only relatively related to the article showing up when people search. And if this somewhat related article is brought up, there are probably not a lot of relevant articles online that match the search query.

Great stuff Larcha. How long are your articles and are they informational or affiliate keyword targeted?

Most of my articles are 1000 words. I probably have like 20 or so articles in the 2000-3000 word range where it made sense. Everything is informational - only monetization method is Mediavine ads as of now.

5-months-in.png
Thank you very much larcha. Can you tell me what is the niche of your website? and when exactly started to show an explosion in traffic?

Thank you very much larcha. Can you tell me what is the niche of your website? and when exactly started to show an explosion in traffic?

I have decided to not share my niche at this time but I will tell you that the niche is very broad with the opportunity to write tens of thousands of articles before ever running out of topics or article ideas.

My traffic experienced a very consistent growth as I was rapidly publishing content. It "popped" off at the one-year mark. At that point, the site went from ~2,000 sessions per day to achieving 4,000+ sessions per day. This site is now over 14 months old. I post frequent updates for this site in my journey thread here on the forum.

Look at what 2-4 word keywords they throw a few pointless top 100 impressions at you for that you didn’t really use ever. Make content specifically for them. It seems to have a differentiated and better impact than adding content for not them. You get less rank a new word but drop on a different one events.

Last edited:
Hi guys. I started a blog 5 months ago and now I have 300 articles all of them are indexed on Google but just 5 keywords are in the top 10 of Google and about 350 keywords are in the top 50. my issue is that my blog posts rank for some keywords and go up for top 30 or top 30 but about 80% to 90% of them after some days were disappear from the search result. About 80% of my articles are on page 1 in other search engines like bing, yahoo, duckduckgo but not on google. Is it sandbox? Do I need to wait for more?
More information :
Niche: Pet (dogs)
Articles: 300
Keywords that rank in google from Ahrefs data: 980
Keywords in top 50: 380
Search console data:
seacg_j2qr.png

Google analytics data: 1200 page views per month

dfherfhh_qejn.png

Technical: No technical issues
Keyword research: Easy to rank keywords and just have between 10 to 20 results for that keywords
Content quality: 100% unique and between 1000 to 1500 words per article
Backlinks: Just a few backlinks that earn naturally

The keywords that you target pages will disappear if you inspect url on google search console to force index that post in Google. May be this will be the reason.

Another reason will be keyword difficulty. You need to find the low competition keywords using Ahrefs, NeilPatel's Ubersuggest tool to check both keyword difficulty as same as possible. And it produces good results over rankings in search engine.

Definitely you need more backlinks to rank higher than you think. Through some links from @CCarter and @Ryuzaki services and it boosts all of your ranking position within a month.

I don't want to sound like a d*ck, but you already have a thread about this and you already have all the answers you need in that thread.

Back