100,000 Stars - Browser App - Explore the Galaxy!

Degree
http://stars.chromeexperiments.com/

This is absolutely amazing. I knew Alpha Centauri was our closest star, but I dind't realize Sirius was as close as it is too. But then I kept zooming and the scale between those and our own star and planets was mind boggling. Can't even comprehend the distance to get the galactic overview.

going to check this out later tonight i'm fully expecting it to blow my mind

Is this worth downloading Chrome for if I don't have it already? Sounds pretty cool...

Is this worth downloading Chrome for if I don't have it already? Sounds pretty cool...

I don't know if I'd download Chrome or Chromium just FOR THIS, but I would just for having a better browser :wink:

I had a friend who couldn't view it who said they found a video of someone playing with it on Youtube if you really want to see it without browser hassle. I'll see if I can find the video...

That was nifty. It made me think of Ender's Game. And then it made me think about neurons instead of stars, and then a possible simulation for us to direct nanobots into the brain to clean up synapses and inspire the inhibition or release of certain neurochemicals. This is the future, folks.

Back