Youtube Instream Ads Decrease Overall Channel Audience Retention Rate?

Degree
I have a youtube channel with 10k subscribers. I want to start uploading daily and growing the channel.

The problem is, we have a mix of regular public videos AND videos that we are using as instream video ads.

Because such a large number of users click "skip" on instream video ads those videos have a very low audience retention rate.

My youtube ads team tells me that if I try to grow this channel organically, the instream video ads will mess up the overall channel audience retention rate, and it will be very difficult to grow it.

Any of you have experience with this? Is this true?

Are the videos you're using for the ads uploaded in private mode or unlisted mode?

Have you thought about starting a new channel to grow organically? I know you have 10k subscribers but at least it's not large enough where it will be hard to reach that again.

I'm sure it depends on the niche but for me I noticed if I start off with 1 - 2 videos a week it grows nicely. Obviously, it takes time in the beginning for a new channel to start getting those subs and views, but if I do too many videos a week the videos don't do well when it comes to views/likes.

Can they be changed to private? I can't remember but I believe they can. Metrics on private videos don't count against your analytics.
I'll look into this thank you!

Have you thought about starting a new channel to grow organically? I know you have 10k subscribers but at least it's not large enough where it will be hard to reach that again.

I'm sure it depends on the niche but for me I noticed if I start off with 1 - 2 videos a week it grows nicely. Obviously, it takes time in the beginning for a new channel to start getting those subs and views, but if I do too many videos a week the videos don't do well when it comes to views/likes.
That is what I'm debating, start a brand new channel from scratch? Or try to figure out how to use this 10k subs one.

Can they be changed to private? I can't remember but I believe they can. Metrics on private videos don't count against your analytics.
My team said private videos can't been seen by the public at all so wouldn't be able to be used as an ad.

My team said private videos can't been seen by the public at all so wouldn't be able to be used as an ad.
Can you create a new channel to upload the ad videos to? I'd do that and then just go organic on your established channel.

My youtube ads team tells me that if I try to grow this channel organically, the instream video ads will mess up the overall channel audience retention rate, and it will be very difficult to grow it.

Any of you have experience with this? Is this true?
realized we got off track from my original question

A YouTuber with ~400k subscribers currently and growing told me in a private conversation, if the video has low retention you should remove it from public view. He might even delete them.

Your theory is correct.

Good input. What would he consider "low retention" ?

Back