Whats your favorite Wordpress Theme?

Nat

Degree
What's your go-to Wordpress theme? Free and Paid.

(I spend so much time looking for a good theme and can't find anything I like)

Last edited:
It was avada because I could do a lot of different styles with it but then I did a pingdom test and I was like NOPE. Now I use Swift for most websites (The one from swiftthemes.com) It's way too expensive but it does a good job.

Reactions: Nat
Take a look at a nice clean, fast theme, then use Visual Composer with it.

::emp::

This looks like a really nice paid theme. What is the speed like? Is everything that I would really need included in the $59 package?

I just tested the demo page of the theme on http://tools.pingdom.com/ , speed looks good (but the test is not about the theme itself)

Well in my opinion it's pretty complete. There are a lot of useful features and they are easy to set. But like I said, I sometime add Wordpress plugins and Visual Composer addons to do things the theme won't do or doesn't do well. For example I used plugins to create hotspot maps/images (the theme doesn't include this feature) and I've also used plugins to display social (facebook and twitter) content on certain pages. And I also use the Visual Compose Ultimate addon sometimes because it's pretty cool.

I feel like the theme itself is pretty complete and that you can make amazing websites with it. I've never regretted using it. I would recommend it.

Hands down, ThriveThemes: http://thrivethemes.com/

I've wasted a lot of my life browsing Themeforest, wasting hundreds of dollars on themes that ended up never being updated, having poor developer support, or that simply weren't scalable and needed to be hacked up so bad that it only ever became working hard vs. smart.

After a recommendation from a BuSo member, I bought a subscription to Thrive and have never turned back. There are a lot of cool themes out there, and some themes that have really creative features. At the end of the day, what most of us usually needs for most needs is something that just works, looks reasonably good, and is efficient. Thrive's stuff is about as well-optimized for performance and page speed as any I've ever seen "out of the box". The great part is the way they have things setup. Unless you really need to fundamentally change the themes and get into the PHP, for most appearance and some structural related changes, you can simply customize the CSS, drop it in their custom CSS box, and never have to worry about losing your changes when you update the theme. Just setup your basic theme settings, mod your CSS as necessary, and go. I've been a hell of a lot more productive this year thanks to them.

I use Thrive Themes as well. They have a nice variety of themes available, so you'll never be out of an option for whatever type of site you are building.

I also love Genesis and Dynamik.

Back