What Should I Do With This Money?

Degree
I have a couple hundred in an Upwork account and I'd like to use it to improve my blog somehow.

My thought is either hire a good SEO person or cheap labor to drop links on social sites. What do you guys think is the best way to spend this?

1. Content
2. Mass outreach. I'm sure repetitive tasks like outreach could be outsourced cheap too.

I'd blow it on one giant, masterful, expert post. Then I'd go back and fill it full of imagery and interactive charts, etc. Then I'd promote that as hard as I could. I'd place an internal link to a page I'd like to rank on my site too, with the exact anchor. So not only will you get a domain wide boost but you'll push up a specific page as well.

All about investing your money back into your website. Forget about the work "Cheap" that will be a massive waste.

Content is mega, get some quality posts and push them to get indexed and go viral with social shared (organic)

All the best

CR

200 isn't much to spread around to various tasks, but @Ryuzaki is right that it could actually go a long way when getting an subject matter expert to write for you. Considering writing is becoming more and more inexpensive, if you come with a sizable budget you could actually attract a really quality expert to draft something for you.

At this point, however, I would be extra extra picky on who you hire for the job. You'll want bona fidas of some kind in the field. Don't pay an english major $200 what they'd do for $20.

I'd blow it on one giant, masterful, expert post. Then I'd go back and fill it full of imagery and interactive charts, etc. Then I'd promote that as hard as I could. I'd place an internal link to a page I'd like to rank on my site too, with the exact anchor. So not only will you get a domain wide boost but you'll push up a specific page as well.

i do this all the time. works like gangbusters.

So it would be one of the pillar articles on the site? Do you make it as informative as possible, or do you use a more viral angle to it?

Asking because it's easier to leak and promote viral stuff compared to informative stuff in my limited experience

Back