What resources did you use to help you master copywriting?

Degree
Been at this for almost a year now, know a lot of theory but it seems like I fail to implement most of it when practicing. I believe it's got something to do with my research & preparation process (80% of writing copy). I'm not sure if I am:

a) Overloaded with information
b) Too inconsistent
c) Not looking into the right thing

I will assume that it's a mix of all 3, therefore I'm asking you guys, what resources did you use to help you master copywriting?

I did a write up on copywriting for our free Digital Strategy Crash Course that you can find here, in which I recommend the book Ca$hvertising. I still stand behind that recommendation as a very compact and info-dense manual on the tactics, the buttons to push, and why it all works.

I did a write up on copywriting for our free Digital Strategy Crash Course that you can find here, in which I recommend the book Ca$hvertising. I still stand behind that recommendation as a very compact and info-dense manual on the tactics, the buttons to push, and why it all works.
Thank you very much! I will check them out as soon as I fix my laptop

Getting a degree in creative writing helped a lot. But seriously, just practice a lot. Write off the top of your head and then go back and clean it up later. Write as much as you possibly can.

Also, Chat GPT is a great proofreader. Especially with custom instructions. Paste your work into Chat GPT and ask it to point out areas for improving the writing. Tell the bot that the content is for a blog and is aimed at X audience for X purpose.

Another thing to be mindful of is "throat-clearing". Often times I start out with a BS paragraph to get myself rolling. That first paragraph rarely makes it into the piece intact, but it gets my juices flowing.

Back