Template Monster - anyone ever try them ?

Degree
Hey Buds,... anyone ever use this service called 'Templatemonster.com' ?

They have 1000's of Templates, premade WP themes, Bootstrap themes, HTML3, etc. --- I'm thinking, if one had the skills, they could use one of these Templates and crank out Sites very quickly!
  • I'm wondering what skills you need to convert one of these Templates into 'Your own Site' ???
  • What's the Trick in using this service --- must you be an ACE programmer?
Thoughts /comments?

thanks for your input !
;-)

I highly recommend GeneratePress or another similar lightweight theme and learning enough about the basics of PHP to manipulate the theme to your liking.

The skills you need in 2024 are simply enough vocabulary and base level understanding of the inner workings of Wordpress to tell Chat GPT what you need. You do not need to be an ACE programmer to create exciting and unique things in this day and age.

Especially with the Wordpress block builder, many of the things that fancy themes once provided are becoming core functionality.

I am under the impression that many themes on these large theme marketplaces are aimed at noobs and packed with unnecessary features that make things overly complicated, to the detriment of performance.

When I first started using Wordpress I bought a theme from a place like this and it's shite. GeneratePress, which I use on all new sites I build right now, is so much easier and more efficient to use and customize once you understand how Wordpress works.

Cheers and good luck buddy.

I highly recommend GeneratePress or another similar lightweight theme and learning enough about the basics of PHP to manipulate the theme to your liking.

The skills you need in 2024 are simply enough vocabulary and base level understanding of the inner workings of Wordpress to tell Chat GPT what you need. You do not need to be an ACE programmer to create exciting and unique things in this day and age.

Especially with the Wordpress block builder, many of the things that fancy themes once provided are becoming core functionality.

I am under the impression that many themes on these large theme marketplaces are aimed at noobs and packed with unnecessary features that make things overly complicated, to the detriment of performance.

When I first started using Wordpress I bought a theme from a place like this and it's shite. GeneratePress, which I use on all new sites I build right now, is so much easier and more efficient to use and customize once you understand how Wordpress works.

Cheers and good luck buddy.
Its not just WP themes --- they sell Templates made with Bootstrap, Java and PHP, already to go. Seems like it would be easy to buy a Template and manipulate it ---

What am i missing ?

Its not just WP themes --- they sell Templates made with Bootstrap, Java and PHP, already to go. Seems like it would be easy to buy a Template and manipulate it ---

What am i missing ?
Not missing anything. It is easy to buy a template and manipulate it.

To add a little late to what Chubes was saying, the GeneratePress theme is compatible with Kadence blocks too, not just its own GP blocks.

It just depends on what type of sites you're building. It's "quick" relatively to edit an HTML template to have the words and pictures you want and then upload it to a server.

What's not quick, and requires know-how, is taking an HTML template and templatizing it so that it works with PHP and taps into a MySQL database. Or taking a template doing the same but making it work with Wordpress.

This is really one of those "if you have to ask, the answer is no" kind of scenarios. If you don't know HTML, CSS, JS, jQuery, and PHP at the minimum, not including a database, you're better off just installing pre-made themes for whatever CMS you're using.

Back