So who’s gonna pay $8 for Twitter verification?

Do you pay 8$ to be a tweeter.

• Yes

Votes: 16 29.6%
  • No

Votes: 38 70.4%

• Total voters
If I get 3 followers that end up becoming customers or clients putting money in my pockets, doing a 30 second video daily is better and faster ROI than sitting down and writing content for 2-3 hours and waiting for Google to send me traffic 6 month later.

Justin Welsh is all the rage on the Solopreneur thing these days, but this is also what he and Gary Vee are pushing.

Make a product…post everyday on social…funnel people to your product or newsletter…sell your product.

If what Welsh says about his income is true, he is raking it in for a couple of social posts each day and a bit of customer support.

Meanwhile, the rest of us are over here writing 3,000 word posts with original graphics.

You mentioned in a post that there:

"There isn't enough time in the day to hit all that yourself, so you need to hire someone or outsource something.

I feel like this method is trying to squeeze a penny instead of going after bigger bucks with another video that has better ROI for your time.

I get the optimal scenario of trying to hit all checkboxes - but it's not realistic in maximizing ROI.

If videos are making XX,XXX amount of money, but your website is making you X,XXX per month, eventually you are going to drop the website since the video's ROI is better and the website is a fraction of the ROI."

You replied this to someone saying to be omnipresent.

Let's take a look at convertkit a popular saas,
https://www.tiktok.com/@convertkit_official?lang=en (127 followers, look at how much content thay have, with views. With all those videos they have you telling me they are a better ROI for their $ than say if they had done either: Long Form Youtube Video, Paid Ads, Or Blog post??)

Let's look at some other software companies:
https://www.tiktok.com/@salesforce?lang=en (7162 followers, you think this is bringing most of their revenue? I would say this isn't even bringing in 0.1% of the revenue.)
Slack: https://www.tiktok.com/@slackhq?lang=en
ServiceNow: https://www.tiktok.com/@servicenow?lang=en
Asana: https://www.tiktok.com/@asana?lang=en

If Tiktok was the best way to promote saas, you would see most SAAS's from ProductHunt try to market their SaaS on tiktok. But you'll see they tend to either have blog or youtube. Why is that? Are they all ignorant and based in fear like me?

Your telling me they see better ROI on these videos on tiktok than on blog post or long form youtube video???)

@freshpeppermint - Both those software you mention above were here before TikTok existed, so they already have an audience. If you don't think their numbers are good have you ever considered they simply aren't good at social?

It's like SEO, if you're not good at SEO you won't do it well. Either you get better or get dead.

Are they all ignorant and based in fear like me?

Yes.

You should look at the content I wrote about FashionNova.

FashionNova came in like a wrecking ball and destroyed the fashion industry with fast fashion. What did they do differently that the dinosaurs in the industry did? They made Instagram their main marketing channel.

They dominated Instagram, then got regular people like your girlfriends to send them video content of them wearing their dresses so FashionNova could post in their IG. Imagine that, getting customers to create content for you, for free, and all you had to do was post their video and tag them.

FashionNova turned the fashion industry upside down and now is worth hundreds of millions.

Here is a recent article about it: Fashion Nova’s Founder Has Spun A Billion-Dollar Fortune From Fast Fashion

I actually sit and study marketing and do in-depth research on why companies fail and succeed.

Here is a quote about me talking about FashionNova and Social:

Social is not hard. The problem is you SEOs just want to "phone it in", basically automate your SEO content into tailwindapp or whatever and set it and forget it, cause in reality you don't believe in social. But FashionNova believed in social and became a $100 million valued company off of just Instagram. How? Cause they were actually using the platform to engage with users, similar to how I am interacting with YOU on BuSo.

Ironically - my reply is to YOU - again about Social.

If you don't want to do social - then don't do it. I'm curious why you bother going through great lengths to convince yourself not to do it.

You can sit there writing your 2000 word articles and waiting for Google to send you trickles of traffic in 6 months. I don't give fuck. And Google definitely doesn't give a fuck.

The only thing that matter is how much money is going into your bank account based on your actions. If SEO is working for you in terms of time and reward then great. However if you needs a faster way to generate eyeballs and build an audience - there are faster avenues that every marketer should test.

I'm jumping on TikTok, because that's what is generating the most eyeballs for the lowest effort NOW. I'm going to continue doing it and get better and better.

If YouTube Shorts takes off and knocks out TikTok, then I'll go there.

Exactly like @mikey3times mentions about GaryVee whose says, a lot, "go where the eyeballs are", IF you are marketer. If you are an SEO, then just stay playing in the Google hell-fire-lane that's clearly working out for you, which based on most of your posts I doubt is.

I am a SAAS owner, a single customer can and has generated me thousands to millions of dollars.

Again you have a lot of fear at some point you'll have to let go and make the leap - or don't.

If Tiktok was the best way to promote saas, you would see most SAAS's from ProductHunt try to market their SaaS on tiktok.

I directly compete with venture-backed startups and SaaS platforms for traffic. I can confidently say that a lot of the time, they don't have a clue what they're doing. Their formula seems to be: raise $1mm, burn $1mm. Rinse and repeat.

As for the debate between blogs, social, or youtube... I don't understand the "one or the other" approach. The goal should be to scale your business up to a point where you can be on ALL platforms.

Sure, you need to start somewhere and that should be wherever you get the best ROI. But if you're bootstrapping why not immediately start scaling and repurposing content across platforms? AI is giving everyone the tools to do this a lot faster and cheaper, especially with video content.

Sure, you need to start somewhere and that should be wherever you get the best ROI.

The reason I even started following GaryVee is because of this one story from back in 1990s he told. The internet was still new and he put up a website to sell his family store's wine through the internet - in about 1995. Yahoo era.

So one day he was at a chamber of commerce meeting and talking about the success which he was having and the other business owners were interested but not sold yet.

The next guy up was a Yellow Pages, phonebook, representative that most of the business owners were using to advertise their business.

The Yellow Pages rep got up and said "That's last guy is crazy. Are you really going to listen to some guy selling wine on the internet?"

And everybody laughed. They laughed at GaryVee.

GaryVee's big thing was to always go where the eyeballs are currently and where they are growing. Giving you first mover advantage.

At the end of the presentation/meeting a couple of people talked to Gary, but overall everyone rushed to the Yellow Page guy.

GaryVee walked out of the meeting, and he was still positive, "all you have to do is convince 1 person to give it a shot."

The majority of people laughed at GaryVee in the 90s when he said the internet was going to change how world communicates, they couldn't see it.

Who's laughing now?

GaryVee's model is to jump into the future looking for new platforms and thinking about what's to come. He is not sit around trying to bring back to life a dead or dying marketing channel. Yet a lot of people are going to dying on the SEO hill. You fuckers are going to die on this hill - and for what? To prove to who what?

Everyone in the 90s thought the Yellow Pages will be around forever. Just like SEOs think Google will be sending them traffic forever. But if you look at the last 3-5 years of your analytics, it's clearly not the case. SEO is not getting easier.

How do you guys see the future in SEO? Do you think Google is going to magically remove all feature snippets, get rids of all their revenue generating ADs, and reverse years of Google Algorithms and start sending you guys millions of users per month like it's 2007 with your websites that are overloaded with so many ADs it makes most people's browsers crash?

I think it was @Ryuzaki that said this was the biggest update he's ever seen, bigger than Panda and Penguin combined. And here you guys are:

cLP4odQ.jpg

At what point do you guys start making the leap and try other platforms to generate traffic and revenue?

I HAVE to generate revenue and profits in order to eat and survive Earth. I simply can't wait 6-24 months to start getting SOME traffic. I'd either starve or need to then get a job.

So if I need revenue now - what does an SEO do then?

At some point, enough is enough. This isn't a fucking game. I'm not here fucking around in TikTok cause it's fun. Besides having an email list that you've been collecting for years, the place with the lowest barrier to entry AND most eyeballs IS going to be the best return on time invested. THAT is the place you should be, unless you really have forever in terms of time. I don't.

This isn't a fucking game. It's about survival and people willing to die on the SEO hill will do just that, just like the Yellow Page businesses did when they laughed at GaryVee. All you have to do is look at your analytics - is it going in the right direct? If not, now what?

That's what hashtags are for within the description of your video.

If people like and/or follow your account, they clearly are interested in what you do or are interested in seeing more.

Just keep pushing content in the beginning, everything else is wasting time overthinking it.

Social media has eyeballs of future customers. Keep that in the back of your mind and keep pushing forward. Trial and error while you keep moving forward.
Obviously you can use hashtags but it's going to look at the words you're typing as well. Given where the post is showing up I think it's going to be promoted to surfing types. There's a risk of your reach declining if engagement falls off because people aren't expecting a B2B TikTok.

TikTok allows you to view who has viewed your profile, which is why I was curious what the audience looked like. Not absolutely crucial this early but you're going to want to assess quality of the viewers of each TikTok to optimise your creative.

There aren't shortcuts to building something sustainable (a brand) no matter what channel(s) you're using. Garbage in garbage out. If your argument is that it's easier to test PMF with a few grand on social then fair enough. But beyond that the discussion is more nuanced than SEO = bad. The problem is people are not playing with a defined competitive advantage.

Given where the post is showing up I think it's going to be promoted to surfing types. There's a risk of your reach declining if engagement falls off because people aren't expecting a B2B TikTok.

I'm only concerned about people liking and following. If I'm getting more likes and followers than the previous videos I'm moving in the right direction. I'm filing out the top of my funnel.

New video - posted in 2 hours:

R3MWJuF.png

Every piece of content, whether it's video or blog articles or images, is a single drop of water in the ocean on the internet. And every single day the ocean replenishes itself with new set of content.

GaryVee talks about posting 30-100 pieces of content daily because of the vast amount of new content being added daily. I'm at 2 - for the week. You can't be concerned about how every video plays out.

As long as my momentum continues growing - from scratch, I'm moving in the right direction. I am measuring my momentum by new followers and likes. Everything else, we'll figure out as we building.

"We build it while we fly it." - Kevin Samuels​

If YouTube Shorts takes off and knocks out TikTok, then I'll go there.
Any downside to putting the same content on all of the short-form video options? (YouTube shorts, TikTok, Instagram reels, even Rumble). I don't see any, but I also know that I don't know as much as other people.

Edit: Cool product btw.

Last edited:
I'm only concerned about people liking and following. If I'm getting more likes and followers than the previous videos I'm moving in the right direction. I'm filing out the top of my funnel.

New video - posted in 2 hours:

R3MWJuF.png

Every piece of content, whether it's video or blog articles or images, is a single drop of water in the ocean on the internet. And every single day the ocean replenishes itself with new set of content.

GaryVee talks about posting 30-100 pieces of content daily because of the vast amount of new content being added daily. I'm at 2 - for the week. You can't be concerned about how every video plays out.

As long as my momentum continues growing - from scratch, I'm moving in the right direction. I am measuring my momentum by new followers and likes. Everything else, we'll figure out as we building.

"We build it while we fly it." - Kevin Samuels​
Not all views and not all followers are created equal. It would be basically effortless to check the quality of the audience with the sample size you have so far. Worth doing before spending too much time walking in a specific direction.

Holy smokes, the last few posts arguing the efficacy of short-form video showcases the hubris of SEO types. Reminds me of people arguing against using Pinterest because it's ~90% women. Meanwhile, I have power tool posts doing numbers.

I slapped together a 10-second boring clip in Canva with text, stock music, and an animated background, uploaded it to a brand new TikTok account, woke up, and got a bit less than 200 views. Effortless. No thinking. Just did. Uploaded it to YouTube Shorts at the same time. 8 views.

No nothing additional. First time doing it. Watermark the video, do that 100 more times (in 20 minutes, could use a spreadsheet and Canva's bulk editing tool), and boom, direct traffic. Brand awareness. Something.

Some shmuck will look at that and think, 'well, that's nothing' random-entertainment-account XYZ gets a million views a video.

Alright, dork. Gotta suck at something before you get good.
I HAVE to generate revenue and profits in order to eat and survive Earth.
Bingo.

A few days ago, I tweeted about how the SEO->affiliate model has risks on both sides, and it's time to stop being reliant on the model. Someone asked if I was 'going to be a paid ads guru next.' No, bitch, I'm not a guru; I'm here to make money. I'm forced to participate in the game. The least I can do is skew the rules in my favor.

If what I know about SEO doesn't work anymore, I'm not going down with the ship. What I know about being a captain doesn't work anymore. I'll push the women and children out the way to get the last lifeboat and learn to fly planes or drive fast cars into left turns.

What would you use to throw up a landing page for a skincare product?

I mean, what do people use to quickly prototype landing pages today?

Cool, I might try a skincare ad on TikTok that I had success with in SEO (underrated niche for affiliates).

Cool, I might try a skincare ad on TikTok that I had success with in SEO (underrated niche for affiliates).

Would you do this on a new account with zero followers or do you have an existing account that you would throw this on?

Would you do this on a new account with zero followers or do you have an existing account that you would throw this on?

No clue, never tried it.

I was thinking ads. TikTok has ads rights?

How are you finding skincare affiliate products?

I just look at affiliate offers and don't skip by them :smile:

I don't have any insights into which networks and such, because I am not in the US market.

affiliate offers

I'll tell you guys one think about TikTok I saw this morning.

I logged in and saw this lady talking about a mop to clean her floors with.

There was an "orange shopping button" on it after the video played.

I clicked through thinking this was a good purchase, they almost had me.

I saw the price was $99.99 for this Zolele mop. Being me I decided to go to Amazon - that same fucking mop, exact same brand is $59 on Amazon.

Someones is taking serious advantage of TikTokers with the arbitrage there.

So they are either an affiliate or simply a reseller with an increased price for TikTokers, LOL. I love the internet.

I'll tell you guys one think about TikTok I saw this morning.

I logged in and saw this lady talking about a mop to clean her floors with.

There was an "orange shopping button" on it after the video played.

I clicked through thinking this was a good purchase, they almost had me.

I saw the price was $99.99 for this Zolele mop. Being me I decided to go to Amazon - that same fucking mop, exact same brand is $59 on Amazon.

Someones is taking serious advantage of TikTokers with the arbitrage there.

So they are either an affiliate or simply a reseller with an increased price for TikTokers, LOL. I love the internet.

The new Twitter is also overflowing with shitty ads for dropshipping.

Twitter might be worth looking into with ads.

I think a big problem with SEOs moving to TikTok etc is they have affiliate sites with product they've never touched/know nothing about/not a real business.

Somewhat ironically, this is also what Google is pushing more too - authenticity, real people, real things.

I think a big problem with SEOs moving to TikTok etc is they have affiliate sites with product they've never touched/know nothing about/not a real business.

I'm not sure all the influencers pushing VPNs have used them though.

I thought this would be worth dropping in here.

I know this thread is going off the rails, but I just wanted to share the demo from that random 10-second clip I created on a new TikTok account.
5ofrtIW.png

The video: how to calculate market share. It was the most boring shit in the world and placed in front of people that are interested in boring shit.

Holy smokes, the last few posts arguing the efficacy of short-form video showcases the hubris of SEO types. Reminds me of people arguing against using Pinterest because it's ~90% women. Meanwhile, I have power tool posts doing numbers.

I slapped together a 10-second boring clip in Canva with text, stock music, and an animated background, uploaded it to a brand new TikTok account, woke up, and got a bit less than 200 views. Effortless. No thinking. Just did. Uploaded it to YouTube Shorts at the same time. 8 views.

No nothing additional. First time doing it. Watermark the video, do that 100 more times (in 20 minutes, could use a spreadsheet and Canva's bulk editing tool), and boom, direct traffic. Brand awareness. Something.

Some shmuck will look at that and think, 'well, that's nothing' random-entertainment-account XYZ gets a million views a video.

Alright, dork. Gotta suck at something before you get good.

Bingo.

A few days ago, I tweeted about how the SEO->affiliate model has risks on both sides, and it's time to stop being reliant on the model. Someone asked if I was 'going to be a paid ads guru next.' No, bitch, I'm not a guru; I'm here to make money. I'm forced to participate in the game. The least I can do is skew the rules in my favor.

If what I know about SEO doesn't work anymore, I'm not going down with the ship. What I know about being a captain doesn't work anymore. I'll push the women and children out the way to get the last lifeboat and learn to fly planes or drive fast cars into left turns.
Incoming thread derailment, again
I find bragging about TikTok views pretty retarded honestly.
  1. Who knows how they count them? You literally cannot equate a TikTok view to a YouTube view 1:1 to compare numbers. From my experiments engagement is low enough that I think that if literally three frames of the video plays, it counts as a view
  2. It's extremely difficult to get people somewhere you can monetise them off TikTok. You can do this on YouTube and the traffic is extremely good quality. But you need people to be mid to low funnel for the incentive to leave to be there.
  3. If you build a following, it's not really your asset. Remember when YouTube subscribers used to be important? You're just entering another algo game
The solution to this is to be an influencer. Develop a cult of personality that people return to. But then you have to step very carefully to avoid creating something that cannot be sold in the future. It's possible, as Brian Dean showed. But that's not the approach most people here are taking

I'm not purely an "SEO type", I do a heap of YouTube. I just think building on TikTok is riskier than even Google. Not even mentioning the risk the PLA steps into Taiwan and it gets banned.

The broader discussion on here recently about building a brand needs to happen because people are too reliant on SEO. The problem is equating brand equity to social following too linearly. You're still beholden to the platform.
If you've validated audience quality, then great. I'd still say naming it after an established surfing product is less than optimal though

Back