Rolling Penguin, Parasites Still In Play?

luxer

In the midst of chaos, there is also opportunity
BuSo Pro
Degree
After the latest update Is it still possible to do tiered link building using scrapebox/GSA etc to high authority parasites.

Example would be,

5000+ (mostly long tail) keyword list ---> Pinterest (which has the 5000 keywords on it)
---> authority site (which has the 5000 keywords on it on 5000 pages)

Love to hear some feedback, is it diluted enough?

Does it just depend how hard you hit it?

I am hesitant to do so. Had some decent jumpings in rankings lately for high volume keywords

y2z6hEn.png

It is a technique I have employed in the past but not lately that has worked very well. Cracking from second to first page is always such a bitch.

Would like to hear if anyone else has any input. @Ryuzaki and @CCarter do you guys have any feedback to add?

After the latest update Is it still possible to do tiered link building using scrapebox/GSA etc to high authority parasites.

Example would be,

5000+ (mostly long tail) keyword list ---> Pinterest (which has the 5000 keywords on it)
---> authority site (which has the 5000 keywords on it on 5000 pages)

Love to hear some feedback, is it diluted enough?

Does it just depend how hard you hit it?
I don't use GSA that much lately, but I saw some guys on gsa forum doing good, while others having problems. Test, take one and hit it with all you've got.

Killer results on that +1 Million volume term. Is that exact match? How is page 1 in terms of competition? I bet the Top 3 are insane.

This is not something I do so I can't really have any input. I'd be comfortable with it on a much smaller scale that 5000 links though. 50 maybe. Tiering can work great but I'd prefer to create more Tier 1 links than hammer the first one too hard. Flying under the radar for longer term results.

Is this a spam project? If it is, then I'd go for it.
726 x 238

Thanks for your input Ryuzaki, it is not a spam project. It is for an authority website. And yes exact match. Page 1 is pretty insane, building that good content that answers the questions of the niche has been the key.

A little more information to help gauge:

External Backlinks 33,105
Referring Domains 2,479
Referring IPs 2,145

In the last 5 years 534,041

Educational Ref. Backlinks 378
Governmental
Ref. Backlinks 12
Educational
Ref. Domains 31
Governmental
Ref. Domains 6

Indexed URLs

I think I am going to test it out, will be back in a few weeks with results.

Any input or suggestions @CCarter ?

I generally find that the difference between 2nd and 1st page usually comes down to authority at the page level. There's only so much authority you can suck from the parasite. If you ask me, low end tiered linking is played out. Still works, but I think Google has been on the trail for a while now. I got away from this type of link building over a year ago. I used to hammer my positive properties for rep clients with lots of spam/tiered linking. This worked for years, but some time last year, Google put the kibosh on it. I even had one instance where they locked the entire top 10 SERPs for over 3 months.

My suggestion would be to change your approach. What has been working for me are highly relevant guest post (real websites, not PBN bullshit) and then I'll hit the parasite with a few monster authority homepage links. Use exact match anchors with the homepage links and use variations in the guest post. Rinse and repeat until desired results are achieved. If you are going to tier the guest post, make sure those links are quality as well, because most of the bigger sites will delete your post if they notice you spamming it. Also, be patient. I find that you'll see a big push in the first couple months and then lots of bouncing and/or stagnant movement. Then it's gradual from there, especially with your big boy terms (sometimes I can hit first page in very short periods depending on niche and/or competition). If it anchors on the second page for more than 2-3 months, try tweaking the content within the parasite and pushing a few more links at it.

Just my 2 cents.

Such a good answer thank you kindly Jstover77. It is just so damn tempting because it has worked well in the past. But you are right, especially with these rolling updates. Better off to play it safe, the days of hammering parasites may be coming to an end, for non churn and burn anyways.

american-whiskey-history.jpg

I'll prob get drunk at some point in the future and hammer them, then remember in the morning. Old habits are hard to break.

Hey guys back with some results, so I ended up hammering them (yes whiskey induced night) and they almost dropped out of the top 100. Then left them alone for 3 weeks and check out this nice jump! This is for plural / singular. If anyone has any tips on ranking singular vs plural would love to hear them.

vcPiy9s.png

Not sure why image isn't displaying, http://imgur.com/a/wWOpJ

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been hammering 9 properties for 5 months with GSA SER and SAPE. Noncontextual links seem to have been heavily devalued over the last year, and even moreso in the last 3 months.

Back