Recreating old GOV sites, will I get in trouble?

built

//
BuSo Pro
Boot Camp
Degree
So I was scraping for domains last night and found some old local government sites that have very good links. I'm going to be using it for local projects and build a PBN out of them. Using archive.org to recreate the site

The question is, will this sort of thing get me in trouble?

I thought you were done wasting time with SEO?

I thought you were done wasting time with SEO?
Building a bankroll for my authority site, trying to turn $100 into $2000

Last edited:

Most likely they'll just commandeer the domains legally (what registrar is going to protect you when ultimately they know its a lost cause?), and you'll end up having wasted your time. Maybe not. Maybe you could 301 them and get away with it for a long time, until your authority site gets enough attention that people notice and rat you out.

I'd not spend my time on this. You could recreate them and rent monthly links on them to spammers with the understanding that when the sites go down, they go down.

If you've got the option, just do some freelancing or get a part-time job. $2k isn't a huge bankroll to accumulate, you'll likely get it quicker and easier doing that than building a small SEO site for the sake of building bankroll.
I guess you are right, I actually thought it would be easier to rank a local site and sell leads monthly vs getting a part time job

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'm doing this a lot, there is amazing amount of abandoned local govt sites out there; but what i'm doing is recreate the site structure but REPLACE all the content. So that the url's are the same or 301'ed but nothing suggests that was THAT site in the past. In this case they have nothing to hook you on.

So I was scraping for domains last night and found some old local government sites that have very good links. I'm going to be using it for local projects and build a PBN out of them. Using archive.org to recreate the site

Content doesn't have to be the same, but overall it should be same niche (even better when your MS and gov sites are in the same or related niches). Also, if you do 301 make sure to redirect to https.

Back