Newbie - DSCC - still it works

Degree
I don't know how I reached this forum but I felt energetic when I went through some threads here.

I have just started a content site. Nowadays I'm reading a lot about Google's latest updates how sites are going down.

Is there anyone, who guides me a proper way how to proceed in this situation. I don't want to quit. I like the crash course but I don't which part of it still works, specifically the On-page SEO and low search volume keywords. Could I get some traffic as a new site?

How should I PROCEED if I want to go in this direction of building content sites ONLY?

@CCarter and @Ryuzaki, I request you too to guide me if it is possible for you guys.

Start with Day 1 and all the way through Day 30 and the various Expansion days. If you skip around you are missing important pieces like "Market Research", Day 3, and "Choosing a niche and direction" - Day 2.

There is also Day 12 - Traffic Leaks which teaches you how to think outside the box for generating traffic.

All the days have foundational knowledge that you can transition and utilize in today's environment.

The DSCC is designed to teach you how to THINK - not a step-by-step do A then B then C and you are guaranteed D scenario.

Understanding your environment first is more critical than a step-by-step guide that can become irrelevant in a year or 2.

An example is if you skip certain steps like setting up your website you might generate 100,000 visitors in a single day, but you didn't put up an email capture form and therefore lost out on about 10% of that audience joining your mailing list that would be interested in hearing more from you. Missing out on 10K users you can communicate with whenever.

@MrMedia has come to a similar recent revelation that he was potentially missing out on 150,000 emails per month. That's a massive amount of people he could have communicated with in the last 12 months which would further reduce traffic costs overall.

Every time he drops a new article - at 1.8 million people on his newsletter, let's say 1% of them click through, he'll be looking at 18,000 visits to each new article - minimum. At 10% that's 180,000 visitors. Turn around and you know Google sees all these people going to this new article through Gmail, Google Analytics, Google DNS, Google Android, and all the people using Google Chrome. That's some strong brand signal that will help propel that article through the SERPs.

But if you skip those types of steps - Nada.

The email marketing portion is in Day 21 - Coordinating Your Marketing.

There are no shortcuts to the top of the mountain.

Start with Day 1 and all the way through Day 30 and the various Expansion days. If you skip around you are missing important pieces like "Market Research", Day 3, and "Choosing a niche and direction" - Day 2.

There is also Day 12 - Traffic Leaks which teaches you how to think outside the box for generating traffic.

All the days have foundational knowledge that you can transition and utilize in today's environment.

The DSCC is designed to teach you how to THINK - not a step-by-step do A then B then C and you are guaranteed D scenario.

Understanding your environment first is more critical than a step-by-step guide that can become irrelevant in a year or 2.

An example is if you skip certain steps like setting up your website you might generate 100,000 visitors in a single day, but you didn't put up an email capture form and therefore lost out on about 10% of that audience joining your mailing list that would be interested in hearing more from you. Missing out on 10K users you can communicate with whenever.

@MrMedia has come to a similar recent revelation that he was potentially missing out on 150,000 emails per month. That's a massive amount of people he could have communicated with in the last 12 months which would further reduce traffic costs overall.

Every time he drops a new article - at 1.8 million people on his newsletter, let's say 1% of them click through, he'll be looking at 18,000 visits to each new article - minimum. At 10% that's 180,000 visitors. Turn around and you know Google sees all these people going to this new article through Gmail, Google Analytics, Google DNS, Google Android, and all the people using Google Chrome. That's some strong brand signal that will help propel that article through the SERPs.

Brutal truth bombs.

Current open rates 18%, current click rates 12% so even better / worse depending on how you look at it lol.

Thank you @CCarter for your in-depth advice.

I'll have to go through to each and every piece of content you all curated here.

I've got the concept and ready to learn all these fundamentals for my further journey.

Am I not wrong to think if I learn and apply these deep level but the basic concepts to my content creation, strategy, planning, marketing, and many more, I won't need to afraid of Google updates and other similar things.

Once again, thank you a lot for your meaningful response. It matters for me.

One more thing, if I learn something here and from the outer world, could I share the same in this forum.

Brutal truth bombs.

Current open rates 18%, current click rates 12% so even better / worse depending on how you look at it lol.
Understood. I'm so excited about this. I would like to learn from you too @MrMedia. I request you to share anything related if you are comfortable to. Thank you.

Back