Linking accounts?

Degree
So I am about to start the ball rolling on my second site which I will be building in addition to my existing site which is ticking along nicely for the eventual flip.

Here is a question though -

Do you guys who have more than one site in your portfolio use individual google analytics accounts and individual adsense accounts for each site that you start / add to your portfolio?

I ask in case there are negative reasons which mean I should not / should etc.

Thanks guys

I've dealt with multiple clients that have had their entire network of money sites wiped out and had nothing else in common besides using the same Analytics or Adsense accounts. You'll find that this is a polarizing issue... people go both ways with it.

Personally, I don't use Google Analytics or Webmaster Tools at all anymore. I go with Clicky Analytics. My viewpoint on Adsense is that, if I'm not going to be making enough from it to purchase a new EID number, then it's probably not worth pursuing in the first place. So, yeah, new adsense account for each too.

thanks man, looks like it will be new accounts all around then!

Are you going to use different internet connections, IP addresses, MAC addys, different screen resolutions, browser versions, clear cookies, etc etc between the multiple Google accounts? There are countless ways that Google can link them together (Not everything I mentioned is conclusive, but it helps fill in the blanks...), and probably ways we haven't even thought of yet. So it seems kind of pointless when Google has plenty of ways they can tie the accounts together anyways unless you're taking a bunch of really time-wastey precautions. Even then, are you planning on doing some blackhat shady shit? Im guessing since you're planning to flip these sites, not churn and burn them, that you'll be doing things on the up and up, right?

You said for your second site, so I imagine you're not building some huge network or anything. You'll be fine using the same Google accounts. Way safer than trying to use two separate adsense accounts and get paid, etc... Just in my opinion.

Unless you're super careful (and maybe even then) Google's going to know you own the multiple accounts and the sites within them anyways, and it doesn't sound like you're doing anything that warrants needing to hide. Google doesn't care if you own more than one website, adding multiple sites is a feature of your WMT etc.

There are some google services you can have multiple accounts for (Youtube, gmail, etc) and some that you aren't supposed to (Adsense, adwords, etc.) Unless there's actually a reason that you need to hide the fact that both sites are yours, I really wouldn't bother.

Last edited:
@thamonsta is right. It's so much work to try and hide and you more than likely won't be able to anyway.

Google analytics is light years ahead of the data it supplies than anything else I tried when I was felt compelled to hide.

Since you're using adsense as well I wholeheartedly recommend using analytics and tying your adsense account to it. The insight I have gained from doing that has blown my fucking mind.

If it's a site in another niche and you don't use a PBN or whatever, then there's zero concern. I've had as many as 30 sites in the same Analytics and Webmaster Tools with zero issue. I've also had only 3 that all got in trouble due to the PBN I was using.

There's nothing that says you can't own more than one website.

Thanks guys. Makes sense. Yes these are authority brands I am building so just dont want to do anything that messes up their credibility.

No shady crap or anything going on just always wondered if it was ok to do so. Makes it a lot simpler to get set up which is great too :smile:

Back