Keyword Clustering and Content Briefs

Degree
I'm looking to really revamp my content to make things pop even further. I've not really done this to the fullest extent possible and I feel there is money on the table in doing so. My problem is that I'm not sure what tools best to accomplish this. I have Semrush, Ahrefs, GSC, etc.

I've attempted to create my own version of this using a pivot table and some data from ahrefs to tie the subtopics to the parent topic, but I feel it could be done better. I'm mainly looking for ways to make sure I'm covering all the H1, H2, H3, etc and associated keywords to improve existing rankings and additional KWs.

If anyone has any suggestions I would really appreciate it or if you have your own method that works, I would super appreciate hearing your approach.

Thanks in advance!

Using Ahrefs, pull the keywords the top 3 pages are ranking for. Google shows you for the most part what is all tightly clustered in this way. Organize them how you see fit. Serpwoo’s Keyword Tool does this even faster if you have it.

Using Ahrefs, pull the keywords the top 3 pages are ranking for. Google shows you for the most part what is all tightly clustered in this way. Organize them how you see fit. Serpwoo’s Keyword Tool does this even faster if you have it.
I jus grabbed this data, thanks!

Check search console for stuff you are already top 100 for but don’t explicitly mention and add a section for the biggest of those first before doing anything else.
I did this thanks!

I'm looking into Keyword Cupid too since it seems like this tool does what I'm looking for. Not sure if it's super effective, but contemplating it.

I'm looking to really revamp my content to make things pop even further. I've not really done this to the fullest extent possible and I feel there is money on the table in doing so. My problem is that I'm not sure what tools best to accomplish this. I have Semrush, Ahrefs, GSC, etc.

I've attempted to create my own version of this using a pivot table and some data from ahrefs to tie the subtopics to the parent topic, but I feel it could be done better. I'm mainly looking for ways to make sure I'm covering all the H1, H2, H3, etc and associated keywords to improve existing rankings and additional KWs.

If anyone has any suggestions I would really appreciate it or if you have your own method that works, I would super appreciate hearing your approach.

Thanks in advance!

MarketMuse has the most robust dataset and would be good for grabbing article-level keywords quickly for your outline. They have an ai-driven briefing tool too, but it's pricey and not as granular as I'd like.

KeywordCupid does something similar, but I don't think they scrape as deep into the SERPs as MM. But, maybe going that deep isn't necessary. The owner is a smart dude and will take the time to answer any questions you might have.

KeywordInsights.ai is a new one on the scene and focuses on search intent identification and keyword clustering. It's still early, but has a few good use cases.

Frase or Content Harmony will be solid for the actual article outline and brief creation part of the process. Take the data you got from the other tools and use Frase/CH to build your brief and outline. I believe Frase now has some reliable SEO tools, too.

Wow, I didn't even think of using Frase for a portion of this. I bought this a while back and rarely use it. Turns out, I've had a tool to do this all along. I will definitely use this before anything else. I like the whole picture and what KW cupid does in that regard, but I can probably go without it for now.

Wow, I didn't even think of using Frase for a portion of this. I bought this a while back and rarely use it. Turns out, I've had a tool to do this all along. I will definitely use this before anything else. I like the whole picture and what KW cupid does in that regard, but I can probably go without it for now.
Yeah, Frase will be a good central platform for brief creation.

Much to the chagrin of all these new AI and optimization tools, none of them are fully comprehensive options. That, and, there's multiple ways to skin a cat.

I'd suggest starting with the bare minimum briefing tech stack, and then add in tools that will speed up the process over time.

Back