Is there a good free Rank Tracker?

Degree
Hi,

In the last couple of years, I have been using SerpRobot (https://www.serprobot.com/) for keyword rank tracking. They are fine, nothing to complain about. But now they have raised their prices, so I am looking for something new.

Recently, I have seen an ad for this new rank tracking tool, Rank Logic (https://ranklogic.com/), that this guy named Spencer Haws is promoting. It seems they do not use proxies to scrape the Google SERPs, but just pull all the data from the search console.

Now, I kind of feel silly for paying for rank tracking because this solution is free if you do not need local rankings and stuff like that. I have heard that people use just the search console for rank checking, but there is so much data and so many keywords I do not care about. A nice interface and a favorite keyword feature would be enough.

However, there has to be a "good" free tool like this, right? Something like a Google Data Studio template or an Excel sheet?

What do you guys use for rank tracking purposes?

Search console is your best free rank tracker.

Serp Woo is the best features and correlations rank tracker.

There is absolutely 0 room for debate on any of this and I think people are dumb and posting in bad faith if the have any other opinion.

That is all.

Like I said, the search console alone is not useful. I don't want to look at every keyword I am actively targeting on its own. Do you know of any kind of tool to export the data and make it look good?

SerpWoo is nice, but you have to pay for rank tracking, and all the data is right there in the search console.

Other recommendations?

Ahref is free if you add your site. Not real time data but close enough.

Thanks, but kind of the same problem as with SerpWoo. The "cheap" Ahrefs plan costs $99 a month and the limit on tracked keywords is 750. Quite expensive for a rank tracker. Maybe this Rank Logic plugin isn't that bad if nobody else has figured out how to use the free ranking data from the search console.

You can bulk export GSC data to Google BigQuery - it's an automatic Google service once you turn it on.
You need a Google Cloud account - with Credit card I think.
They dump data in once a day.

Then (if you know a bit of SQL) you can custom query it into Google looker (data studio).
Or you can use the GSC API which is a bit more flexible.

I occasionally use the free version of desktop EasyMorph to pull from the GSC API. You can filter, combine, save to Excel or other places and use pivot tables, graphs, etc.

If this is all gibberish then pay for a service.

Free and good don't tend to go together. As @bernard said, you can create a free account on Ahrefs (no 99$ a month), add your site(s) and they'll show you up to 1000 keywords that that site ranks for, updating periodically. Of course you're limited to current info, no historical information, no 'on demand' updates etc.

Back