Introductions Thread

$8,000 in total or a month?
iBuRfzZr2P5CWnaL5rSD68NPiPpmMk.png

Can you explain more about this? What do you mean? The reason I ask is because i made a boatload of static Adsense sites at one time and had no problem. I never added content past the first week and there was never an issue. What do you mean by "Maintain"?

Well, from my experience this is how Adsense hammer works:

-Don't make worthless content
-Don't be too pushy with ad placements, use not just adsense (I had 10-25% ctr usually) with ugly layout
-If they will want, they will ban you for link building as this goes under policy that you promote your website for clicks, not for content but I think it more relates to having a bad website overall

Hey, welcome on board!
I never knew they can reactivate banned ppl. Mind to share? I might try reactivating one of my accounts as well, if it's true.

First of all you need to show that you are persistive and really want your account reactivated like writing each two months. Also you must show that you understand what you did incorrectly even it's just an assumption. Then you need to show that you have some value in yourself and that Adsense program needs you. BTW I was banned from Adwords also and they re-activated me last year after 4 years.

Coming over from WF, been on there for years. Used to have some SEO clients so was always looking for the latest and greatest in BST. At a 9-5 right now but always trying to be informed with whats going on in the online marketing world.

Thanks for introducing yourself. Do you have already, or are you planning on building, any of your own sites? If so, what kind of stuff are you thinking about?

Intro
I live, breathe, and ingest at mass quantities, data such as CTR%, BR%, and CPC, and then I have some Ecommerce Conversion Rate% for dessert.

It has nearly been 8 years since my first interaction with PPC, and I have been fraternizing with it ever since, often times, as many as 14 hours straight in one day.

In the beginning, I only did this on the side for fun - you know, harmless, right? I didn’t really even get paid or anything, but I was ok with that, I thought. Then, the weekly visits began to shorten, and the interactions with PPC began to increase, and then I got paid once. After that, I was having interactions every day, and that went on for years. Then, I jumped - I LEPT!
I now have nearly 1 year agency work (about another 3 weeks to go!), managing nearly 50 clients - did I mention I do this manually until about 2 weeks ago? Well, then there’s that. Yeah, I even did that. Now, I get to utilize an awesome industry tool - Optmyzr - for the PPC aficionado. I am doing better, I think. I see light…

I am not proud. Nor am I ashamed, and I know that’s bad. However, it is time to throw it all away, and do it for myself - I am jumping into the proverbial ocean of recovery - entrepreneurialism, and my goal is to do it full time. I have given myself one year to accomplish this. It will be hard. I know. I feel I have a community that I can now depend on for help, for support, and possibly even collaboration. But, I don’t want to look too far ahead yet - there’s a long road ahead, and I have to get a car first.

Outro
As far as my latest recovery is going, the new site is on its way (STU Enterprises), and all of the social signals are there and connected. I’ll be doing the marketing in-house, essentially - actually, I’m working with some kick-ass people (one whom is on here), and looking to put this nasty agency work behind me (even though I’m kinda starting an agency…hmmmm, maybe I should talk to someone about that - therapy perhaps!). I really think I have some great insights that could help people better understand the big picture - Lord knows, I’ve struggled with it in the past.

Anyways, thanks for hearing me, and I hope to get to know some folks here shortly. Oh, and if anyone needs some insights on PPC, if you are also using Optmyzr, or if you wanna chat, feel free to holla.

@Stu_B_PPC is the PPC guy at my 9-5 agency, he knows his shit, so I suggest y'all use him!

Welcome!

welcome to buso,i wanted to start on ppc,i had talked to @Ryuzaki on that subject ;but he is not that proficient in that subject matter,so,can i pm you?

I'm jealous. I had a chance to learn PPC on someone else's bill once and turned it down because I was afraid I'd lose all of their cash. But I regret that, because that's the way to learn how to optimize and get the data needed to make cash without putting up your own cash. Then pivot into your own campaigns.

Welcome aboard, I hope to learn as much from you as you're willing to share. Knowing and effectively using PPC seems like taking a limiter off your accelerator. No speed limits with PPC!

I just joined from finding the crash course on ccarter twitter page. I was thinking about trying this out again, since I gave it up halfway through my senior year of college (job, family, relationships got in the way. Don't they always?). I went back into my "affiliate" folder and found a saved webpage of "ccarter big brand checklist" from wickedfire. I found that same webpage in different formats (pdf, word etc.) in like 5 different subfolders. So I must have thought it was important. I'm glad to have looked up his (or is it her?) twitter and found the crash course. I am excited to get started and start asking dumb questions where 90% of you will roll your eyes to. Oh well, Rome wasn't built in a day, and everyone has to start somewhere. Thanks in advance for all the help.

Cheers

Colo

OMG!! I just started a noob ppc journey thread, and I see this. I can't wait to learn! Welcome, mate!

The crash course is gold, seems you arrived just at the right time.

Enjoy your time here.

::emp::

Hi guys,
by reading some of the threads on this forum I think I arrived at the right place - so much good information there...
So, to introduce myself, I'm not a complete newbie, however web projects were always kind of side work (and still are). I've been doing some developing, at some point of time I was creating and selling Joomla components (anybody still use Joomla these days?), but currently I'm looking for more passive source of income. So I came upon the keywords like niche website, amazon affiliate websites, authority websites and so on... Currently just reading a lot and trying to figure out which way I should go.

(d)

Finally signed up here after following CCarter's links on skype and realising this place has some damn good content! I'm jumping from that sinking ship over at wf - fook knows what happened there but it seemed to implode pretty quick.

Welcome.

You arrived at the right place at the right time.
The digital strategy crash course just started.

For even more information, this forum is a goldmine.

::emp::

Dzianis's sales email finally got me to sign up, but I've been lurking for many months. This seems like the only non-stupid IM forum these days, so I hope to contribute and help it grow.

Hi back :wink:

Hopefully there won't be tons of NSFW images here, it was fun for a while but got pretty irritating after a while. I'd rather learn.

I've been at this since erm .. 2007 maybe longer. time sure flies. been banging it and getting too comfy the last two years I was just slacking doing jack shit nothing. and when I got back I kinda lost touch and started getting whoopped ass by teh google ... but i'm back and I am gonna deepthroat teh google

btw that's one fugly avatar i have .. it's from one of the numerous fprofiles i made tee hee hee

also ... I noticed most are from wickedfire? whats up with that did WF blow up or somethin?

This place is completely SFW, image/picture wise, you can curse but you know, keep it civilized. Anyone that posts a NSFW image will instantly be banned. Our goal is to make sure we are completely drama free. Anything that doesn't move conversations forward will just get deleted without notice. Nothing but high-quality content and posts. If you see anything crazy, just report it and we'll ban them.

lhhkxWV.gif

I've been a lurker on this forum for a while and decided to sign up and contribute to the discussions. I've worked in agencies in the past, and currently work as an in-house SEO. I'm looking to build out a side project that will hopefully grow into a full time opportunity... but I need there's still a lot to learn. I'm excited to dig deeper into this forum to learn from others who have been successful creating and running their own sites.

You should change your thought pattern about it being a "side" project and more of a front facing project. Rarely do side projects prosper since most users just put it off when things get a bit tough.

pva2TwV.gif

Welcome to Buso!

True... lack of a centralized focus is an enemy of success. The goal is to find a way to break out of the 9-5 and do my own thing.

The piece of the puzzle you are looking for is sacrifice. What are you willing to give up to get out of your 9-5. Maybe you need your 9-5 to eat tomorrow since you don't have enough savings, what activities are you willing to sacrifice to save up enough money to life off of for the next X amount of months?

If not that, what do you do on the weekends and at nights which you can sacrifice to get your project off the ground? Most people goof off or want to "relax" on their weekends cause that's the routine they have become comfortable in. When you are in your comfort zone you have no reason to hustle and your mind becomes weak. But if you have to survive and need to pay next week's mortgage, what you need to focus on becomes crystal clear instantly.

People in this industry especially think creating a website that generates revenue is a lazy route they can take to generating revenue. The reality is they don't take it as serious as a real business where you need to dedicate time, skill, money, and resources towards it in order for it to grow. They publish a blog post and then sit around with their thumbs up their arses hoping some magical being in the sky is going to answer their prayers, as if they can pray their way out of their situation.

Complacency in one's comfort zones kills most projects. Even with online ventures, it's a lot less risk then setting up a whole brick and mortar business, so it's not about risk, it's about whether you really want it badly enough to sacrifice immediate gratifications for future glory. You might not succeed in 3 months, 6 months, or in 3 years from now. Are you willing to keep at it until you do? Most people don't think that way, and were imprinted they need the job life to generate money.

What I can say is when you do make that leap it'll be the greatest freedom you've ever felt in your life, and to some that's scary. If you want to make money it's up to you, your connections, and your own wit to do so. If you are lazy one day or a week, or for a whole month revenue loss will be a direct reflection. There is no "off" mode in this hustle. Great post by @Ryuzaki about Sacrifice

Back