Introductions Thread

It is tough if the video doesn't have captions.

If the video has captions, as in this video (remove spaces): https :// www .youtube .com/watch?v=9yDRldqSPGM , you can extract the captions by acessing this URL: http://video.google.com/timedtext?lang=en&v=9yDRldqSPGM

For any other video, replace the video's "v=" value at the end of that second URL.

Good to read your journal. Subscribing.

Great tip, but to be honest I didn't saw any video with captions I guess I'll need to stick to the classic method...

Good luck man, 8 years is a lot did you have any successful assets during that time?

That is the main reason I want to switch to other models:
every launch goes BOOM and then the momentum is gone.
Yeah, it pays bills & extras, but... I think I just got bored of it!

That is the main reason I want to switch to other models:
every launch goes BOOM and then the momentum is gone.
Yeah, it pays bills & extras, but... I think I just got bored of it!

So you are saying, it's not holding for the long run? Have you notice any difficulties in 2015? Or since Google panda.

Not holding at all, fellow iam.
Perhaps mine copy skills are too adapted to creating buzz & excitement for the early buyers...

No significant differences in 2015 to previous years.
Panda, Penguin... I don't care about big G zoo.

A quick update:

I had a very productive day today, I've managed to create new page and improve the existing content.
I'm upload a content that is 50% ready, and improve it step by step afterward I believe this will improve both page and might increase credibility since the page will refresh consistently.

Writing content is pain in the ass and takes a lot of time,so I understanding now that at this stage I can't work on two sites what I'm planing to do is work on my first site till I reach 25 quality pages then starting to work on the second site.

Following the rules...

Been creating content sites in the gaming niche for over 10 years

Always looking to learn more, keep grinding and level up!

I know that the site is online for less than two weeks, but since I received 0 organic traffic, and there is no sign for ranking I'm wondering if I'm doing something wrong.

I'm concerned with three things:
  1. The selected keyword, maybe it's too competitive?
  2. The actual site, I'm usually selecting EMD domains, or at least mention the keyword in my domain, but this time I've decided no to use this technique.
  3. Maybe the content is not good enough?
The actual website is good in my opinion, it's using clear design with a responsive theme.

So I worried I'm spending my time here, from my past experience in the early too weeks I've managed to see traffic and ranking, maybe that changed?

I've check now my competitors backlinks, I've used: http://backlinkwatch.com
It's giving patiral results, but it's free...

Anyone know any good free tools for checking backlinks?

Anyway I was amazed by the fact that all the backlinks of my competitors was "comments" on a relevant articles, is this method still working?

Your best bet for a free option to investigate other site's backlinks will be: www.openlinkprofiler.org It's as high quality as the paid versions, which leads me to believe it will eventually become paid. Enjoy it and save some of that data if you fear that day is coming too soon.

As far as worrying because you haven't seen traffic in 2 weeks yet and your speculation on the possible reasons...

Age is a huge factor in any ranking algorithm. To get traffic that soon from an organic source you'll have to compensate for not having age by having killer backlinks and social signals.

Sure, maybe your term is too competitive and you aren't ranking. Maybe it's so uncompetitive that you're ranking #1 and getting zero traffic for it because there's no search volume. It's impossible for us to know without more information.

I think you're being ancy. It's way too soon and you've not put in enough footwork yet. I know you said you were going after bigger niches and bigger terms now, so it's likely that they have some stiffer competition than you're used to.

Here's a tip. EMD's don't matter any more because Google shifted the ranking power of homepages away from anything but their brand terms. You're better off having branded non-EMD domains and build all of the brand signals, and then trying to rank inner pages for the keywords, using the keywords in the URL there instead of in the domain itself.

Comments are generally no-follow. If you're using anchored keywords as your comment name, yeah you might see a boost, and you're going to see a penalty eventually. Using a real name or a brand name is safe though. Generally the accepted idea is that they aren't worth it without the flow of juice. However, what they do provide is a boost in the number of domains referring into yours and also they should be passing a contextual relevancy signal as well, since you're commenting on pages that are about what you're site is about.

Your best bet for a free option to investigate other site's backlinks will be: www.openlinkprofiler.org It's as high quality as the paid versions, which leads me to believe it will eventually become paid. Enjoy it and save some of that data if you fear that day is coming too soon.

Didn't saw this one, this is pure gold :smile:

I guess you right and I need to have more patience, it does takes time and hard work.
Regarding the backlinks through relevant sites, do you recommend it?

What's up everybody...?
Finally decided to introduce myself since I've been lurking for some time now. Found out about this place while I was reading one of CCarter's posts on WF, which then led me to his Twitter acc and finally redirected me here.
I'm a 23 year old male Student from Germany. I started my IM journey 4 years ago after looking for some ways to make some money. At age 17 I decided that it would be a brilliant idea to play around around with stocks (which it wasn't) :D Following some recommendations on the web, I then got myself a few internet marketing books and started to get more serious about this topic.
Back in late 2011, during the good ol' days of facebook, I managed to get ahold of a fanpage in the humour niche. Built a website, redirected the facebook traffic to it and raked in some nice cash.
Up until today I've been successful with a few other sites/methods, which included social media and arbitraging traffic.

I really need to get myself more interested in this whole SEO topic. Never really been a fan of it, since I'm very impatient...
Also getting ready to flip a website until Dec.

P.S. Excuse my grammar, english is my third language.

More germans here than I expected :D (I'm also from germany)

So I've started to work today on off-page optimization, I've built a Twitter account and start following relevant people an becomes active so I can get followers, I've also run a backlink report on my competitors and submitted a few comments.

I would like to start with my second site, but I've no clue on how to come with new plans /ideas.

German in exile (Switzerland) here... am in the area of Göttingen a few times a year.

::emp::

I'm in the heart of bavaria

So today I've some good news, I'm starting to see my site on search results.
I'm still not ranked for my primary keyword, but I do rank (#153) for a secondary keyword:

"main keyword reviews"

Which is a good sign, on webmaster tools I'm starting to see a steady peak in impressions.
What is the things you are paying attention for a new site on webmaster tools?

So I'm continue my journey, a few updates:
  1. Starting to get my first organic traffic, really small but it's a good sign
  2. Start to see ranking for my pages, I even saw impressions for my main keyword in GWT
Now I'm working on expending my content, I want to keep on creating reviews for the products + work on a massive quality traffic, in addition I'm starting to create a new page based on the skyscraper technique.

I want to start creating the 2nd site, but I have big difficulties to find a niche that I would like to target, any advice?

Hey guys,

Heard about this forum from WF. I posted (And still post) there as Muad'dib, thought I'd change my name for fun.

I do SEO/SEM for a SaaS startup in an extremely competitive industry - some of our competitors have teams of engineers larger than my entire company. Regardless, I enjoy it quite a bit and every small win means a lot. Being able to outrank these significantly larger companies for terms feels amazing. I still have quite a ways to go but I'm enjoying the competition.

Thanks for the intro! I wouldn't call myself experienced or successful yet, though I do appreciate the compliment. WF plus this site have provided me with the knowledge, all I had to do is put it into action. I'm working on a couple projects now, I'll be posting some case studies by November once I have enough capital to begin them!

Hi all!

Mainly I've been in offline marketing and its various forms since years. At one point I had my own biz with employees and all that stuff, but live led me to the stage in which I am right now - full time online, and I love it! I earn far from decent and can't tell that I am experienced, I need more knowledge and practice. So far in that transition I sacrificed a lot, but in order to build something solid you have to pay the price.

This type of community is rare and I would be happy to be a part of it.

So not sure that someone is reading this, but I'm keep on updating.
So regarding the first site, still waiting to see traffic, this week I'm planing to update new review but I'm starting to feel not motivated to work on this site.

Regarding the new site, I'm working now on the index page, the idea is to go live this week only with the homepage then expend the site with graphics and content.

Howdy. I haven't read everything, I've skimmed so I might have missed it but...

Why are you starting a second site in a new niche when you haven't even gotten any traffic for your first site yet? Don't "wait for traffic", go get it. You've still got work to do on site 1. Going out and getting some traffic and making things happen will also help your SEO so that you aren't just waiting. Get proactive.

I'm reading! I just haven't had anything to say.

I do think you should think heavily about starting a second site before you've locked in your first. And even then, once you have enough leverage, it's probably still better to keep pushing it to it's limits.

I wouldn't start a second site unless I had the automation and the outsourcing or team together to make sure it wouldn't spread me too thin.

I understand, and you both right maybe I need to keep on focusing on the 1st site.

I think I've lost the direction a bit, or I'm missing a plan.

Any tips on what will be best to focus on right now? To make sure I'll start to see results on the 1st site.

So I'm taking your advice and holding the work on the 2nd site for now.
So I want to concentrate on building a brand and provide value.

Do you have any good strategies for a new site?

@turtle Sorry for the late response.

I'm active in aff marketing, mainly pushing info products atm, getting traffic from social media. I've been learning and applying SEO in the past year as well, not a big fan of it, but I need this skill set.
Also I'm getting ready to launch a social media services.

I signed up here several months back, posted a few times, then went back to Wicked Fire. Wicked Fire's almost dead.

MY (BRIEF) STORY

I'm a career loser. I have no high school degree, let alone a college degree. I slacked most of my twenties away without a care in the world for my future.

About 20 months ago I finally woke up. What caused it, I don't know. I suddenly realized I was pushing 30 with zero career prospects that didn't end in, "would you like fries with that?." It scared me and filled me with disgust. I knew I had to change, but I also knew I'd dug myself into a deep, shit-filled hole. How could a guy with no high school degree make a decent living in life?

The Internet, of course.

So, roughly 20 months ago, I dedicated myself to learning how to make money online. In that time I've read more 50 books and watched hundreds of hours of videos. I realized early on there was an overabundance of information out there, most of it bullshit, so I limited myself to only the most credible teachers. My digital library:

list.png

I've obtained a decent amount of knowledge, so I feel like I'm ready to go for life-changing money ($15K+ a month; I also need about $40K worth of dental work). I've dabbled in small stuff in the past*, but nothing I've felt invested in. Until now . . .

*I sold about $10K worth of manicure tables as an Amazon Associate, which earned me roughly 35 cents. 8% commissions in a niche I can't stomach . . . fuck that. :mad:

Goal: $15K+ A Month Within Six Months via Pay-Per-Lead

SITE SETUP
Nationwide PPL Site
Brandable Domain (two words, 11 characters, strong alliteration)
WordPress + Premium Theme (spent three hours making sure I got it right)
15ish Plugins (a bit high, I know)
URL Structure: domain.com/state/keyword-and-city-slug

CONTENT SETUP
Gathered 15,000+ Niche-Related Keywords
Keywords Grouped By Topic (around 100 major topics, with quite a few leftover)
10 1,000-Word Posts Per City; 10 Closely-Related Keywords Per Post (100 keywords per city)

LEAD GEN METHODS
Call Forwarding/Tracking via Twilio; Sticky Footer Bar w/ Click-to-Call & Persuasive Headline
Lead Gen Form via Gravity Forms; Emailed and/or Texted to PPL Partner

TRAFFIC SOURCES
Organic Search (primary traffic source)
Semi-Automated Social Media Campaign (software + IFTTT + manual check-ins)
Buzz Bundle + Google Alerts
CraigsList (in moderation)
YouTube Videos (short, simple, Animoto-style videos)
Various Traffic Leaks (if possible)

MY THOUGHTS

My life is pretty much empty at the moment, so I figure I can dedicate 10+ hours a day, 6-7 days a week to this project. I don't play video games or watch TV (outside of sports), so I don't think I'll get too distracted. I hope to have a healthy bank account come spring.

I don't mind the niche, so I don't think I'll burn out on it, especially if the loot starts rolling in.

I'm reading some books on the subject to get a good feel for it. I've started following the big-time players in the niche, including joining their mailing lists, to see how they work their magic.

This is almost entirely a solo project. I have a partner (no homo) but he's in and out (no homo again), so I'm not sure I can count on him.

I've got limited capital, so I'm doing all of the work myself. I have good experience in building sites, and enough technical knowledge to handle any problem that comes my way. Content creation can be a pain, but I figure once I get a strong feel for the niche, I can pump out 2-3 pieces of quality content a day, depending on my mood.

MY CONCERNS
I'm definitely nervous about the whole project, especially working with others. I'm not a real social guy, so hopefully this ends up a situation where all of the communication is done when I collect at the end of the month. I try to remember one of my favorite quotes:

"Everything you want is on the other side of fear."
George Addair

I take failure hard, so if this project bombs, I don't know what it'll do to me, or what I'll do next. I can't afford to fail. It will crush me.

I'm confused when it comes to handling invoices/payments. I've never done this sort of thing before, and there's not a lot of info on it online. This is probably my biggest concern. Any advice would be much appreciated.

That's about it.

URL Structure: domain.com/state/keyword-and-city-slug

I'd love to see you reach your goal.

've done the same style of URL structure you're aimed at above and ranked them with very minimal links. It's easy when the content is killer and the URL structure is right. You get targeted enough and there's not a lot of qualified competition.

However, you also reduce your search volume drastically when you do this. I'm ranking top 5 for all 50 states in my niche, which is one of the highest paying out there, but I'm doing it based around a set of industry keywords that not all commoners know. If I was you, I'd go for the "commoner" phrases if you can compete, while ALSO targeting the industry terms at the same time to add to the volume without encountering panda problems.

What I mean is, if the public at large calls this service a "widget" but the industry professionals call it a "gadget," I'd try to claim both with one article. Should be possible with the length of content you're talking. Plenty of on-page opportunities for it.

Good luck!

Back