Introductions Thread

Regardless if any of that is true, I'd allow myself to "play" for the first time with no pressure. I'd start a micro-niche site that is small and contained in terms of scope so it doesn't feel overwhelming and can actually end. I'd go through the whole process of building a small brand, designing a site, writing content, building links, and then selling it. All the way through to liquidation with no pressure, but serious work.

@klix This is fucking good advice, take it.

So I logged into WF today for the first time in a long, long time to see the old homestead... to read PMs and browse the marketplace for new project... I'm not sure what happened there but I followed some of the guys I used to chat with over here. So far I like what I'm seeing!! I've sold off all my old niche sites and I'm excited to pursue some new opportunities.

Anyways, glad to be here and an early thanks to the inspiring messages and great content I've seen in the past hour.

Welcome aboard. Do you have an idea of what direction you want to go with your new projects?

ya ccarter, i followed your ass here - thanks for the sweet likes. I hope I can transfer that into profit.

@Ryuzaki well instead of the old "find a keyword and beat it to death with links" method I'm going to go a different route. I have always tried to do everything myself for as cheaply as possible... while this has paid off pretty well in past endeavors, it has left me spread thin. Besides network penetration and computer security, I have let my skills stagnate.

I want to use my time now as a leader and manager. I'll still do tons of the work early on but I NEED to start delegating and managing... My day job isn't going anywhere, and I'll have $ to invest in myself and hired help. So goals with new project:
  1. LEAD. Leverage other people's strengths for my weaknesses, and only work in areas that I'm strong.
  2. BUILD A BRAND. I'm not writing hundreds of pages of mediocre content again... Hire quality writers.
  3. PROVIDE VALUE. The focus in on the consumer.
  4. MONITIZE. Find more creative ways to monetize than just Affiliate link here.
  5. GET OUT. Sell the site on Empire.
That being said I'm now niche hunting. I'm only looking at things that I see have some growth potential, that I have at least a marginal interest in, and can see a path to success.

I'm looking at a specific video game related niche.

In the video games niche too, interested to see what you have in mind

Brand new here, and still a newb in online marketing. I just wish this place existed four or so years ago when I first started researching. Like most people, I stumbled upon WF and BH forums. Nearly impossible to find any helpful information without signing up for someone else's sales funnel and as a newb you see everyone's "new strategy to make 1k in 3 months", you never know which one is right. Eventually you learn, at the end of the day there is no gimmick money making method... it's simply marketing to give people what they want (or don't know they want)

I already started a site i'm excited about, good vertical, topic i'm interested in, and I'm already further along than I've ever been. I then stumbled on this site maybe a week ago and I'm a third of the way through the crash course. Seriously... thanks. I was expecting a "get the rest of this course for ONE easy payment of $300!!!" but it hasn't come.

Really excited to continue my grind, and grow here. cheers

I was expecting a "get the rest of this course for ONE easy payment of $300!!!" but it hasn't come.

It's literally FREE from A->Z. No gimmicks, no sales copy, no games. Just straight shootin' hard talk. The only barrier to entry is your own drive and willingness to confront the task at hand.

What kind of site are you working on? Are you focusing on any specific monetization methods? Do you have an end-goal in mind for it?

I've actually been very fortunate in a cybersecurity career, work fully remote while travelling now.

At one point I was working as a full-time employee for one company remotely, and a consultant for another remotely. I was making GREAT money (and spending it). Then my consulting gig ended my contract. Cut my income in half, and made me realize if my full-time job were to end... I'd have to move back to the US and get a nine to five office job. The thought of that seriously makes my stomach churn. Putting in 14+ hour days into this endeavor. Drive and willingness is a non-issue lol.

All that said. I'm doing less traveling and focusing on my site, but i still see cool stuff. I plan to capture interesting things, build an instagram following of my travels. feeding that to my site which i plan to market as a sort of lifestyle/authority site which i plan to google rank over time, but hopefully can monetize some product offers immediately.

I originally wanted to do a shopify+oberlo stack. Because I think there is a niche that I could really cash in on, but it would spread my personal resources too thin. one thing at a time. sorry for the lengthy response. I love talking about this stuff now that i'm not picking through mountains of dogsht threads trying to scam me.

End Goal? To get my authority site up and going, generating revenu. then another passive topranked domain i could monetize with a store (already have an idea for it). I grew up poor, so I don't think i'll ever stop looking for ways to make more money but would like to beat my cybersecurity income.

Hey Everyone,

Glad to be here . I was away from WiFi forum (wickedfire) for 3 years. Then today I found about this forum. I am not very aggressive in IM but had done few jobs and projects for many people from the forum and had a decent success which I was pretty happy about out at that time but then things changed a lot and I had to move on.

Now I on at different field but I am still I have that feeling that I can do something good in IM because this is what I really like to do.
Well, that's preety much what I am. Hope to learn and earn from this forum as well as it looks.

Thank you so much all
beamup

Hello Everyone , My name is sammy and I am new here. I want to promote my services here. One of my client referred me this forum. I'm looking forward to learning more about IM and being a part of this great community!
Thanks,

jjumo3d.png

Match of the year.

Sorry, I couldn't resist. :D

Welcome to BuSo.

I don't know who that guy is but I can assure you he's no Jack Dempsey.

Welcome to the club!

I have that feeling that I can do something good in IM because this is what I really like to do.

That's great. Enjoying the activity is important. So many people seem to think of internet marketing and business at large as a get-rich-quick method. That boat sailed a long time ago, as you know. People who think like that don't make it. They don't get rich, certainly not quickly, and most don't earn a penny of profit, because they don't care about the career itself. They care about cash, and when they realize it might require some brain power and effort, they jump to something else.

But liking it is only a prerequisite to the possibility of winning big. Patience and dedication are the huge points. As CCarter says, all you have to do is show up. That's generalized but I think it means not only do you need to be ready to work and available at most times, but you need to show up mentally and be present in each moment. Patience, discipline, dedication, calculated action. A lot of us can grind that out, but what 99% of internet marketers fail at is the "marketing" part. You can show up all day but if nobody knows you're there then what's the point.

If you've yet to achieve the success you want, I'd point you to the Digital Strategy Crash Course and say "start at day one and be ready to dig deep and be very honest about the crossroads where what you like, what you're good at, and what brings value to other people meet."

The main enemy in this game is the self. Self-sabotage lurks at every corner. Use BuSo to help keep you accountable and give you an outside perspective. The collective mind-power and experience here guarantees anyone who wants to win and is willing to be involved in the community WILL win.

See you around the forum!

thanks Michael and Ryuzaki for that awesome reply. I am going to read through the crash course. As I already read few lines I can feel the powerful message inside it. I am just so glad that I found this forum. When I began my first IM back in 2006, I felt I had found a treasure. I felt I had so much energy and power. And along came the responsibility. With that power and knowledge, I had to maintain a lot and sometimes it was me who couldn't control it. But anyways it went on.
Now after all these years, and I can feel again that potential energy in this forum. So this definitely feels good. I hope to start the things I always had in mind.
Thank you

Hi guys,

A newbie here when it comes to the online world business. At the back of my mind, am I too late to start fresh, knowing nothing, starting from scratch, millions of competition, new technology that I am not familiar with yet plus past failures as a limiting belief. May be not, well, now I'm diving in...and forums like this one has been really a great help.

Just a background, I'm from the IT world but more of software side (pretty much out-dated software support) for more than 10yrs now. Had an interest in online business 5-6 years ago, bought expensive software that automates stuffs like website creation, domain selection, etc...but really just lost money trusting gurus with their software hype, though maybe some did well, me, I got burnt really good maybe that why I just went back to the corporate life but deep inside, there is still that small voice that wants to do this.

So here I am, learning stuff, and starting fresh. :smile: I wish everyone the best!

am I too late to start fresh

HELL NO! :evil:

Everyone starts somewhere. I could have said the same thing in the late 90's, and it would have been equally true. The best time to start is now. The opportunities are endless, literally. If you can't find a niche with acceptable competition, then you sub-divide it. If you can't do that, then you create a niche! Literal endless opportunity.

Had an interest in online business 5-6 years ago

It's nowhere near as drastic as you're letting on! You're not remotely "fresh" or green. IT background, software background, dabbled in guru stuff and automation... So now you know what doesn't work so good. It's like Edison. You know now several ways NOT to build a lightbulb. Your IT background is a huge boon.

You sound, to me, like you're prepped and primed, ready to dominate. I see zero reason why you can't succeed.

Reactions: Nat
Good luck man, remember you are your own worst enemy. Tell yourself you can do it.
You think you have a dominant and weak hand - fuck no. you have two dominant hands. I believe in you, now succeed.

Reactions: Nat
HELL NO! :evil:
It's nowhere near as drastic as you're letting on! You're not remotely "fresh" or green. IT background, software background, dabbled in guru stuff and automation... So now you know what doesn't work so good. It's like Edison. You know now several ways NOT to build a lightbulb. Your IT background is a huge boon.

You sound, to me, like you're prepped and primed, ready to dominate. I see zero reason why you can't succeed.

Thank you for the words that made me realize that I am limiting myself because of myself! Yes, there are much more people out there who started in a much worst environment than I am. All I see now, when I read back my post and analyzed what is going on when I wrote it was EXCUSES...yes EXCUSES! I had major excuses that limits me to act, move or even think.
Thanks for welcoming me here, I'll consume all the lessons and learning here and out there and share my experience along the way, so watch out!!! :D

Good luck man, remember you are your own worst enemy. Tell yourself you can do it.
You think you have a dominant and weak hand - fuck no. you have two dominant hands. I believe in you, now succeed.
Thank you! That helps me focus forward!

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the forum beamup, I'm just starting out too with my journey with IM. Reading through the crash course here and learning a lot! Good luck on your own journey and lets share our success stories for others to learn from! :smile:

wow, it's been a long time since being on forums.

I latched into a business a little less internet friendly after years of iBusiness..... now looking to return.

I found out about BuSo from WF and it's interesting. This seems to be a new space to meet some people who are actually making/ money on-line.

My interests now are heading more into making things go viral on social media and I have a great history with Am Marketing........ Anyone have some pointers they are willing to share on either of the 2 in modern times?

Thanks.

Welcome to the club of the IM elites.

We've got quite a few people slaying social media. Constantly front-paging Reddit, getting ungodly traffic from Facebook, traffic leaking smaller but focused (and extremely more valuable) traffic sources...

And most of us are doing some form of affiliate marketing, with many of us pushing our own brands.

BuSo has it all. Do you have any more specific questions? The quality of the questions will determine the quality of the answers!

Glad to have you aboard the ocean liner, destination Atlantis!

Man, this is my first post, but I too was on WF from, oh 2006? 2007? Jon, what happened?

Hi All,
My name is Ari, I'm an old school SEO, and I found this forum doing research on a writing service..
Nice to meet everyone.

How old school are we talking here? Have you stayed in the game this whole time? What kind of projects are you working on these days? Are you seeing the success you want to any degree?

Back