Instagram Links and Images in Posts

Degree
Hello! I hope I’m not asking a question that was already answered but I have searched and can’t seem to find anyone talking about this. I want to put images from other instagram accounts (with their permission) in my posts and link to their account. I have noticed other sites doing this with no problems, but I have also seen many websites that look like they used to have images in their articles but now just have a bunch of blank spots with “see image on Instagram” or the link crossed out under the image. What is happening here? Is Google or instagram taking those images down? Is it possible for me to do this? Thank you for any insight anyone might have in this.

I'm certain Google has zero part in what you're seeing. It sounds to me like you're describing people embedding Instagram posts that then either get taken down, get turned private, or whatever. If this is the case, they weren't actually hosting copies of the images on their own servers, which is why they lost access to them. You'll have to share some actual examples or describe in more detail for us to really be able to tell you what's going on.

“see image on Instagram” or the link crossed out under the image.

That's due to your browser's ADBlocker plugin or a plugin that blocks 3rd party cookies/data content. Turn off your AdBlocker/Privacy blocking setting, then refresh the page and the Instagram posts will show correctly.

Back