I have got a massive database, is this a good idea?

Degree
Hi

I have republished this publication as I inadvertently published an incorrect title in Spanish in the previous one.

As a frontend developer and with knowledge of web scrapping, when I find a website that I like I usually gossip how it is developed.

The other day gossiping one in particular, I realized that I had the API unprotected and I could extract without problems 11,000 Youtube channels and save them in a database of my own.

Now I'm thinking about what to build with it, I'm very interested in the fashion of Programmatic SEO and I want to do some project with it.

In case you don't know it, this is what it's about:
wGcwKpy.jpg

URUP6QK.jpg

The data I have from Youtube channels is not very dense either, and maybe I should nurture it using artificial intelligence, this is an example of what I currently have (JSON):
JavaScript:
[
   {
    "id": "909",
    "name": "Mark Rober",
    "slug": "mark-rober",
    "avatar": "https://d3ncuept73nu2.cloudfront.net/channel_thumbnails/fhr7IdL7tjTLZeXwxXsoEzFJN1rTtlnW5MNpPtyw.jpg",
    "isVerified": true,
    "isGeneral": false,
    "description": "Former NASA engineer. Current CrunchLabs founder and ...",
    "isFeatured": 1,
    "ytLink": "https://youtube.com/channel/UCY1kMZp36IQSyNx_9h4mpCg",
    "subscribers": 25900000,
    "abvSubscribers": "25.9M",
    "website": ".../c/8230"
  },
// ...
]

Some time ago I did a project in the Hispanic market with half a million Spanish Youtube channels, I set up a website and the website from the first day had 100 daily visits until the end of its days, I tried many things but I could never take it to the next level.

Its CPM was horrible, Spanish + low cpm content, I tried to move it to content closer to "How much does X earn X" or "How X earns YYYY$", the cpm went up a bit but it was still redundant.

I attach a screenshot of the web I made years ago:

qGnjFfG.png

My question is...

Would you try to replicate the web I did but attacking the English market and filling the information with artificial intelligence?

or

do you think it is not worth to dedicate effort to a project that may have very little CPM?

Thank you!

I'm not sure what you're saying.

You "hacked" a public API, which was public by mistake, and now you have data about Youtube channels?

Unless those youtube channels are for famous people, I doubt there will be much interest in it.

I'm interested in how you found that API though, you should write about that. It's something a lot of us scrapey people would be interested in, instead of fiddling around with RegEx and Xpath.

What's the search volume? How's the competition?

Based on those, you can estimate revenue.

Sounds like you have the technical skills to develop this rápidamente. So from that, you can estimate the cost (in time and money).

Now you have estimated revenue and estimated cost.

If the estimated ROI is good, why not? Sounds pretty fun.

You have to first ask "WHO" is looking for this type of information? Then you have to figure out how to monetize this data.

Why would someone be looking for XYZ'z youtube subscribers? Perhaps they want the youtuber to be an affiliate or sell their product/service with the help of influential YouTubers? I don't know. But you need to do proper Market Research before wasting time on a project with no potential revenue source.

Back