How would you promote SAAS (no money)

Degree
The hardest part is getting first users. Now I am asking you how would you get first users without spending money on ads.

What are best ways in your opinion? It's extremly hard to find a way because now everyone are doing same so its one big pile of SPAM.

So.. how would you do at first without spending tooon of money.

Here's some off the top of my head advice based on whats sorta worked for me.

Be the highest quality op you can on forums / linked in.
Paypig and buy upgrades where needed. linked in and forum upgrades have never let me down.
Avoid fakebook they're to good at retargeting and will just sell any audience you build to the competition.
Twitter and reddit have traffic but they're tricky and very very very rigged in sneaky ways so I don't bother with them.

Add people on chat platforms and give them free stuff.
Travel a bit , hand out swag and play nice at higher end co working spaces and conferences.
Look for local ones that have actual ties to the community for networking.
Good examples. - Indie Hall in Philly, Studio1016 in palm beach.
Bad examples - WeWork, Regus

Join chats and shit post a bit if you can fit the vibe.
Slacks been nicer to me than discord but seems to be kinda dieing at least as far as public groups go.

no experience selling saas but have experience in other stuff
- focus on getting affiliates to do the selling for you if possible

- reach out for reviewers, whether via beta testers or other
- get those reviews! you need social proof
- see if you can get other people to promote for you - with a high quality product it's possible (and has happened for me in the past, non saas)

I think the key is getting a few influencers on board early

failing that, try the "traffic leaks" methods - become well known contributor on certain sites eg peterson/althucher on medium/quora etc

- you can also offer related free books on amazon if possible

- social media viralness eg tiktok/insta if relevant for your niche. I've been surprised by the niches in tiktok, it's not just for broke teenagers anymore

hope that helps

Back