How to drive traffic from Pinterest in 2023

Degree
Hi all,

One of the ways I have tried to skip past Google's sandbox is by creating a Pinterest business account. As I have already disclosed in another thread, I have a 6-month-old Home Décor blog which I'm trying to get to 10K visitors monthly by July (currently sitting at 1K). I've been posting ten pins daily for months, but I only have like 4K impressions monthly.

What am I doing wrong? How do you go about Pinterest strategy? What works in 2023?

Thanks!

For more exposure.
Post better content that gets more engagement and views. Maybe try high contrast borders on your images if you want a cheater method.

As far as getting traffic to your site from it / getting benefit for your brand from it.
You gotta tease and brand well if you want to leak these days.
Make stuff that says the sauce is on your site. That can be border line black magic if you get the right meme sauce of the day. (hit the trend)

Good visual pins as mentioned above. Also, run pinterest ads. Gets you immediate traffic, thus brand signals. Also will quickly get you views, saves, and follows. Some of those people will continue to come back to your site, give you backlinks, more brand exposure, and so on. Use it as active marketing and distribution channel. Eventually when you’re getting a lot of organic traffic from Pinterest, you can decide to either improve the ads/pins to get better ROI, or you can stop and put that money elsewhere. From there you’ll continue to get organic traffic due to all the people following you, finding your pins, etc.

Good visual pins as mentioned above. Also, run pinterest ads. Gets you immediate traffic, thus brand signals. Also will quickly get you views, saves, and follows. Some of those people will continue to come back to your site, give you backlinks, more brand exposure, and so on. Use it as active marketing and distribution channel. Eventually when you’re getting a lot of organic traffic from Pinterest, you can decide to either improve the ads/pins to get better ROI, or you can stop and put that money elsewhere. From there you’ll continue to get organic traffic due to all the people following you, finding your pins, etc.
What cpc are you seeing these days?

For more exposure.
Post better content that gets more engagement and views. Maybe try high contrast borders on your images if you want a cheater method.

As far as getting traffic to your site from it / getting benefit for your brand from it.
You gotta tease and brand well if you want to leak these days.
Make stuff that says the sauce is on your site. That can be border line black magic if you get the right meme sauce of the day. (hit the trend)
But my main problem is that I post ten pins daily, and I don't even have a decent number of impressions. I don't get it. Do you happen to know any youtube videos or free stuff on Pinterest strategies?

Humm, I've never tried Pinterest ads. How much would that cost monthly? I'm a noob in terms of paid advertising honestly...

Humm, I've never tried Pinterest ads. How much would that cost monthly? I'm a noob in terms of paid advertising honestly...
It costs as much as you’re willing to spend. No set amount. But you can start small and increase spend as your site and revenue grow. E.g. $3-5 per pin per day, and set a cap on amount of days to run each ad. Then just watch things to find the best balance between spend and roi and tweak as necessary.

It costs as much as you’re willing to spend. No set amount. But you can start small and increase spend as your site and revenue grow. E.g. $3-5 per pin per day, and set a cap on amount of days to run each ad. Then just watch things to find the best balance between spend and roi and tweak as necessary.
Thanks! Will definitely try this. And what about the pins/keywords themselves? Do you have any suggestions? Because I do keyword research, and I get no impressions...

Thanks! Will definitely try this. And what about the pins/keywords themselves? Do you have any suggestions? Because I do keyword research, and I get no impressions...
If you’re getting no impressions on then you’re not even showing up for searches. So my first thoughts are you did poor keyword research and/or your topic is not something people look for on Pinterest. Or perhaps its seasonal and people aren’t searching for it now but will be later.

All pins should have keywords and the boards should all have keywords. Pinterest is a visual search engine. Do your keyword reasearch within Pinterest.

Hi all,

One of the ways I have tried to skip past Google's sandbox is by creating a Pinterest business account. As I have already disclosed in another thread, I have a 6-month-old Home Décor blog which I'm trying to get to 10K visitors monthly by July (currently sitting at 1K). I've been posting ten pins daily for months, but I only have like 4K impressions monthly.

What am I doing wrong? How do you go about Pinterest strategy? What works in 2023?

Thanks!
How's it going with your goal? How many monthly visitors are you at?

Back