How do you make your Wordpress Homepage look professional?

Nat

Degree
I've got BuSo Lightning and I'm liking it a lot, but I want my home page to look more personalized and unique... Are there any really good plugins for this?

Thanks, hopefully in the near future I'll have enough budget to pay for these!

I don't even really worry about it until a site gets really big. 99.something% of my visitors never see the homepage anyways.

I don't even really worry about it until a site gets really big. 99.something% of my visitors never see the homepage anyways.

On my big authority site I'm working on, I'm at around day 300 and have spent at least 100 of those on custom design, and the homepage is the last thing I'm going to wrap up. It's one of the hardest to populate properly too without having the right content completed, etc.

Until you start getting a lot of type-in traffic of people using the homepage as the "what's new on the site" page, it's not that important.

It's also definitely one the hardest things to get right, and nearly impossible if you can't get in the code and make the changes yourself.

@Ryuzaki

If I put the homepage of my sites the 80/20 rule it would be more like the 99.999/0.001 rule... It seems like a lot of folks put a lot of time into it because they see it as the front door of the site but with my sites I see the homepage way more than anybody else ever does so I just keep it basic and toss up some links to help the flow of link juice.

Now if I was promoting the link to my homepage a lot more or if I was a local business who had the URL on my vans and business cards it would be a different story.

Do you think it's really matters to Google if your site is using a unique theme?

Do you think it's really matters to Google if your site is using a unique theme?

I don't. I think they care about the content and the rest of the text that gets rendered on screen, not the HTML and CSS that renders it.

I don't. I think they care about the content and the rest of the text that gets rendered on screen, not the HTML and CSS that renders it.

I 100% agree, I think the way Google pay attention to the design is with:

• Loading time
  • Behavior metrics such as: bounce rate, time on site, etc...

https://www.wpbeaverbuilder.com/

Anyone used this? Saw someone recommend it and it looks pretty sweet

Yep. I'm using it.

I bought the Beaver based on Chris Lema's post. He mentioned that, unlike a lot of other builders, it didn't leave behind a lot of junky code. So if you decide to use another builder down the road, you don't have to worry about a lot of residual shortcodes and such.

My take after several months of using Beaver Builder: it's elegant and super intuitive. Plus, the support has been phenomenal.

I showed the backend to a friend and he chucked OptimizePress for it. :smile:

Last edited:
Thrive content builder and beaver builder are both great and both offer great support

Back