Facebook/Social - What Are The Secrets?

I think this is a very good topic to discuss. It's not easy for me at all though. I'm used to writing bland seo articles so I really struggle when it comes to writing gossipy stuff that people can't help but share.

Right now I'm practicing by just creating bullshit stories about how some celebrities are cheating on their spouses with other celebrities.

Put some ad dollars behind the post and see how it goes. Not much luck so far

So I just wanted to drop in again to say yet again, there are many many ways to make money on Facebook beyond running a site based on viral content and CPM ads. You guys need to get way more creative.

There is a boom of people building eCommerce stores and selling on Facebook with ads.

Facebook ads are hugely under priced and amazing ROI right now if done right. You can build just about any business and rocket it to 1mm+ in revenue within a year using Facebook ads correctly.

The model is simple. Build a business you can make $X off of customers. Learn to run good Facebook campaigns to generate customers for $Y. When you start $Y might be greater than $X - that's the money you are investing to build a business. You continue to optimize and soon enough $X is far greater than $Y and then you just scale up your size.

look at this page, 32k shares....
http://creambmp.com/2016/10/29/meek-mill-walks-young-m-eating-nicki-minaj-backstage/

Imagine the earnings from a page with 32k shares on Facebook alone.

32k likes is not 32k shares. Massive difference.

Facebook organic engagement can be very misleading. Sometimes you will have articles that will have tons of engagement with comments and likes, but low click through.

Sometimes you will have articles that will have low engagement with very high click through.

You need to view Facebook as a distribution platform. An exposure engine. It will always be a game of clicks when talking about external distribution.

One huge development I've noticed recently is the surge in Social Native Ad campaigns through videos, images. Advertisers are willing to pay for that influence. They would rather spend $$ to distribute a video across your social pages instead of buying ad inventory on your external platform.

Has anyone here grown a Facebook Group, rather than just Pages?

Ryan Stewart did a little experimenting, and figured out a post on a Group brought in about 15x the clicks as a post on a Page. Quite the disparity.

The most effective tactic for growing pages from within Facebook that I've found is:

1. Find a quality, non-copyrighted video in your industry. Download it.
2. Upload said video to your Page, with an engrossing title, thumbnail, etc.
3. Use Facebook's Share feature to share the video to the best (size + activity) groups in your niche.​

The above should only take 10-15 minutes, and if done properly, should add double figures Like totals each time you do it.

I just checked: I've gained 19 Page Likes (and will probably get a handful more) from sharing the video to just 3 Groups. All in all, it took 10-15 minutes. If I did it again, I could probably do it in 7-8 minutes.

If you really get the method down, and are willing to dedicate an hour a day to it, it seems plausible that you could grow around 100 Likes a day.

As your page grows into four-figures in Likes, it should start to grow more passively, as some of your fans will share a part of the marketing (sharing) load with you.*

*hypothetically, lol.

Update: 114 Page Likes from two "borrowed" video posts, which took a combined 30 minutes to upload and share to multiple groups.

If you're looking to grow a Facebook page cheaply and effectively, this is the best way I've discovered.

I wish it were possible to share from group to group; everything I've seen and read suggests groups are far better for marketing than pages.

Here's a small test from Ryan Stewart:

Groups have more organic "reach" than Pages
A while back I ran a test:

• My page had 660 likes; My Group had 660 members
  • I took a link from my blog and tagged it with 2 different CIDs in the URL Builder
  • I called tagged the first URL as "Group Test" and the second as "Page Test"
  • I took both appended URLs and posted "Group Test" to my Group and "Page Test" to my Page at the exact same time
  • Results: Group = 122 visits, Page = 8 visits
  • That's over 15 times the traffic!
facebook-group-reach-760x271.png

@Jared I'm thinking about growing a FB group, don't have time to dedicate to it yet. Pages and groups are best used together (at least, if you don't own the group) -- its easier to share page posts (of links) within groups than to regularly drop links. Even if you have no intent of growing your FB page and just want to get in front of eyeballs, pages are going to help because of this. Last month I got a lot of FB traffic that started from a page post I shared in groups. Page itself only had about 200 or 300 likes, but when real people actually want to read/hear/share your content/news, it doesn't matter.

Just a small thought to add to this - remarketing/retargeting. I have found that growing an audience to remarket to, whether that be on FB or otherwise, can be a great way to increase conversions/sales.

We already know that most people don't buy, call, etc., on the first visit, and you already paid/worked to get that person to your site. Why not spend just a little extra to get them to come back and purchase?

A really simple example of how to do this -

1. Grab the folks that are hitting your site from anywhere.
2. Make sure you have the FB pixel on said site.
3. Hit those people with ads on FB.

This works best if you are tracking when they hit your thank you page and exclude them from your list at that point.

I'd say the highest conversion rate from retargeting will be from people who have previously bought from you. Of course it requires different ad messaging compared to new customer acquisition.

Retargeting is great for upsells, refills, targeting previous customers on holiday seasons or whatever fits in the niche.

I'd say the highest conversion rate from retargeting will be from people who have previously bought from you. Of course it requires different ad messaging compared to new customer acquisition.

Retargeting is great for upsells, refills, targeting previous customers on holiday seasons or whatever fits in the niche.

It is definitely a major boost to upsells and the like! It works on the first sale as well, especially in a niche where people may take some time before they make a decision.

Back