Built my first traffic leak automation with CasperJS

Degree
Hi Guys,

I wrote a script using CasperJS that automates a reply to a user posting an ad on gumtree in my niche. I have a few questions for those of you who have done this before:

1. Do I need to use a proxy to do this? At the moment I am automating using Windows Task Scheduler on my local machine with my local IP address - set to run the script every hour.

2. How were your results using these kinds of tactics?

Also any advice from all you automation gurus out there is welcome :smile: !

if it were me I would use proxys and i would also cycle the user agent.

have you run into captchas yet?

I've not botted gumtree yet but they are owned by ebay.

Depends on how many pages of results you have to wade through.

A few pages? You're fine.
Hundreds of pages? You'll probably be better off with a proxy.

Emailing: I would rather have someone who knows it comment about that.

Your results will depend on a lot of factors. Are you targetting properly? Is the copy good? Do they receive the emails at a time when they're most likely to be responsive?

At this point though, start testing. You will get answers to many of your questions once you have enough data.

For now I'm starting with just one page comprised of 22 links so 22 messages going out per hour.

@builder Targetting is quite specific to my niche and the users that I want, and they will receive the email an hour after they put a request out on Gumtree.

@Casper I'm happy to say I've run into no captchas as yet thankfully:smile: Other sites I'm busy with have them so I'm going to have to look at a solution to tacklet them at some point.

For now I'm going to run it off my local machine - will give some feedback soon!

Back