Best approach to lead tagging

Michael

BuSo Pro
Degree
Close to launching my site now and I'm looking into lead tagging options.

So far I have gathered that tagging your email leads is done via the email marketing platform itself, not third party software. I'm familiar with MC but I don't see any option there to tag leads.

With that being said, what would you guys suggest a good platform for a noob to get started on that won't completely break bank?

I guess if I have to pay low to mid $xx / monthly to make use of this feature, it wouldn't hurt if it had some extra functionality like tracking, split testing or anything else that may help down the road.

Thanks

I'm also intersted in this, but I'm trying to do it with segments. Let's stay it's a health niche: if someone joins through a default opt-in then put them to the main list. If someone joins through a lead group for a Paleo Diet lead magnet, then it ads them to the paleo segment. If they purchase a membership to the site, then move their contact to the PAID list.

I'm working through all this logic now, i think alot of it depends on the mail/marketing platform you choose.

I thought that already was the point of tagging - to automatically segment your audience

Are you referring to scoring them as they become more qualified and engaged? You could try Mautic, it's free and open source.

Or are you looking to segment them based on the content they're interested in. You could create separate lists for different landing pages.

segment them based on the content they're interested in.
Yeah this is what I'm after. So say they signup to my list from a page that was offering drone information, I want to tag them as having an interest in drones. Is this considered segmenting?
Sorry if what I just said was completely wrong still trying to figure out these terms.

Yes that would be segmenting. You could probably do this in mautic if you want them all in the same list but, it may be more straightforward to just make separate interest based lists. That's what I would do, someone else may have a nicer solution though.

I have separate lists for different types of content on my site. I just create a completely different campaign for each (I use GetResponse).

I also have a buyers list segment. I have the rules set up so that when someone signs up to the buyers list they automatically get taken off the non-buyer list.

This is how I learned to do it a couple years back. By now there are probably easier and more efficient ways of doing this.

Ok cool thanks guys. Never thought to actually just make separate lists.

Now I have to figure out a way to automate this. I'll give Mautic a go today and go from there.

Back