Yahoo For Sale - Offers Being Entertained!

Ryuzaki

お前はもう死んでいる
BuSo Pro
Digital Strategist
Degree
Yahoo has been ridiculous in the past 5 years or so.

They went from buying Tumblr to shutting down Yahoo Voices and other of their assets, to buying up video game websites and immediately shutting them down as well.

Beyond all of this, their worst mistake was placing Marissa Mayer as CEO.

For instance, she recently blew $7,000,000 on a Great Gatsby themed party.
In under four years, she's spent $450,000,000 on food for Yahoo employees.

Her private jet expenditures are up to $2,000,000. She's spent $9,300,000 to give all of the employees iPhones. In 2014 her Wizard of Oz party (featuring her as Dorothy of course) only costed $70,000.

So basically, she takes a high paying position (totaling $365,000,000 in earnings) in a failing company, further dooms it, spends a ton of their cash wastefully, and as soon as she starts coming under fire, she gets pregnant and starts taking maternity pay and leave. Now that she's about to get fired, she's also going to get a large severance package of just under $26,000,000. This is essentially some gangsta shit.

2F6DD3C000000578-3362885-image-a-68_1450290541160.jpg

She rented a Rolls Royce just to have it sit there for the "theme."

2F6DD3DC00000578-3362885-image-a-73_1450291539528.jpg

Don't miss your chance to take a photo with her majesty!

2F6DE45700000578-3362885-image-a-56_1450288530029.jpg

Rumblings of all of this started last week when Verizon apparently put in a bid for the company. More info is coming out now, that includes a deadline of April 18th to make your offer. The expectation is to sell for $8 Billion.

Among those considering or already having put in bids are:
  • Daily Mail
  • Time
  • Google
  • Microsoft
  • Verizon (who just bought AOL)
  • and some private equity firms
It's being piece-mealed out, so companies can bid on varying parts of the company. Yahoo is apparently also trying to offload their stake in Alibaba and Yahoo Japan as well.

It's kind of sad because Yahoo! had a chance - not a big one, mind you, but any sort of opportunity that it had to overcome its struggle was squandered by having Marissa as CEO. It's even more funny because Marissa Meyer was hailed as a "beautiful strong woman who don't need no man" and a powerful female CEO.

There's certainly a trend of women (Carly Fiorina and now Marissa Meyer) destroying well-established tech brands. Maybe this whole equality thing isn't as cracked up as it was supposed to be? ; )

Also, let's just hope that Tumblr gets shut down after all of this.

Yahoo's problems always seemed pretty simple to me - not sure why they've failed so hard all these years with so much traffic.

It will be a great buy to whoever knows how to actually sell inventory to advertisers efficiently instead of having a very crappy product (Gemini) and a hugely bloated sales team. It's really not that hard for some companies it seems but just impossible for others. Just find a way to sell the inventory for a high price without needing a sales team that instantly eats over half the revenue in labor costs.

While it's not true for all women.

I've noticed a great deal of women in powerful workplace roles: Fake their experience/skill set, destroy company morale, spend recklessly, make decisions based upon pure emotion, create scapegoats for their mistakes/blame others, and most of all...

Hype up office politics.

These cunts are always scheming and plotting.

Search for reviews/experiences of BOTH men and women who have worked for a female CEO/boss/manger/etc.

Nearly everything you'll find is negative, even "I'll never work for a woman again" type of responses.

Regardless, it's rare to find a female who can excel at a position like that. It's always a pleasure to meet a woman who can handle that kind of role.

The majority are just literally a bunch of workplace bullies.

Regardless of Yahoo's issues beforehand, it still doesn't change what is mentioned above.

While it's not true for all women.

I've noticed a great deal of women in powerful workplace roles: Fake their experience/skill set...

Yep. Interviewing for jobs, I've noticed that a whole lot of these companies now have women in high roles, like "Marketing Director." But it's unclear as to how they got that job as they never seem to have the technical skills and experience that one usually has to reach that level.

I think these companies are just hiring them because they're scared they're going to get sued if they don't.

Search for reviews/experiences of BOTH men and women who have worked for a female CEO/boss/manger/etc.

Nearly everything you'll find is negative, even "I'll never work for a woman again" type of responses.

I think even most women hate working for another woman.

Regardless, it's rare to find a female who can excel at a position like that. It's always a pleasure to meet a woman who can handle that kind of role.

In my experience, they have either been complete bitches or really super cool. There doesn't seem to be an inbetween with women bosses.

...to buying up video game websites and immediately shutting them down as well.
I think it really could be some kind of gansta shit going on over there. You would have to find out what websites Yahoo bought just to shut them down later on, track connections between all those people. To me it looks like simply driving money out of Yahoo's pockets to its "freind's" pockets (in this case game website's owners). Maybe that was the plan from the beginning, drain as much as you can and then once it's dry sell what's left. Yahoo is (or was) a huge cash cow to "few" insiders for sure. Also, if we take into account that she is a former Google exec then you know... everything could be possible...

Back