WTF Amazon Affiliate Program

Degree
What am I doing wrong here... I got a site with decent traffic (400 uniques a day) on a 4 year old domain thats monetized with Amazon. I get around 10,000 Amazon clicks per month and am still stuggling to break $250 a month. I have an Amazon "store" on site (built with Woozone) and I drop links in articles contextually. I also spam Twitter with an audience of 14,000 that I hand cultivated based on interest. What am I missing?

With what you said, the focus should be on those 10k Amazon clicks. If they aren't converting it is probably due to the traffic itself.

Also this is most-likely posted in the wrong section.

Thanks, new to the forum and want to make sure I am in line. Mods, could you place me where I should be? Where should I post this? Also, what part of those 10k clicks should I be focusing on?

If lots of these clicks are coming from Twitter there is a good chance they weren't 'primed' for buying anything and just happened to click the amz link. Do you know what % Twitter traffic is or what items the Twitter traffic ended up buying? The organic traffic that you're getting -- is it for buying motivated keywords? Or they just happen to click Amz out of curiosity and the small % that end up buying buy some random item?
10,000 clicks earning around $250 is in the epc ballpark of what viral traffic earned me.

@Nat Of my 11,000 clicks last month, 538 were from Twitter. The rest were from my main site (I keep tracking links with discipline specifically to analyze these results). I do know that those who click the links from twitter buy the suggested item about 25% of the time. hard to know with all the random purchases in there. The keywords that I am ranking for are for reviews of particular products, and then the traffic goes on to buy related products. So my total clicks were 11537 and my earnings were $230.01 bringing my epc to a retarded .02.

- 400 uniques a day is nothing.
- It doesn't matter if you have 1M clicks or 100 clicks. If your traffic is shit, it will convert like shit.
- If I'm on Twitter being entertained, there's a 99% chance I'm not in a buying mode.
- Products could be totally irrelevant to the traffic. Too expensive, too cheap, etc. Bought daily vs bought once in a lifetime.
- If 99% of your traffic from 400 x 30 days > 10K clicks is going to Amazon. Don't you think something is wrong here? 99% of visitors don't normally go from a website straight into an affilate product link with their wallet in hand. Of course your conversion rate would be complete dog shit.
- $250/month is VERY reasonable given your traffic level.

Ok so my traffic is weak and filthy? Aside from traffic leaks to increase my traffic what do I do to scrub my traffic clean?

Ok so my traffic is weak and filthy? Aside from traffic leaks to increase my traffic what do I do to scrub my traffic clean?

1. You're content is off or not hitting home the benefits.

2. The traffic you are generating is not in the "buying mood" or your content is not putting them in the buying mood.

3. The traffic sources is not in the buying mood - example twitter or reddit or facebook traffic usually are in the 'relaxed, kill time' mode, versus 'organic SEO' where they are researching a way to solve their problem.

My money is that your content is not selling them enough before they click on the link to Amazon.

What's the roundabout average price of the items being bought? That's another element in the equation. A ton of $5 books isn't going to net you much. A bunch of $1,000 whatever's, on the other hand...

Back