Would anyone be interested in a tool that automates content creation and publishing on social media?

Degree
An acquaintance made a bot that scrapes subreddits for memes and then posts them where ever he feels like it. He's looking to start a business up and I was thinking this could maybe be a tool to automate the both the content sourcing and the content publishing for social media accounts. Is this something that you guys would use? I imagine the vets already have their own solutions built but I promised I'd ask.

Why would a person be posting memes from around the internet on their social media profile? It would only make sense if it was an entertainment account, but even then it's a bit spammy.

With that said there are people that might be interested in "growing" dormant social accounts, or just having filler posts, but the system has to be careful to not accidentally troll their userbase with something negative. I assume this is mostly a black hat route, and there is an audience that should need something like this. BUT I would do market research before hand on it - especially when it comes down to the pricing.

For a white hat route - I wouldn't touch this with a 10 foot pole on any of my brands' or personal accounts. I don't think any serious brand would now a days.

Automation is good, but automation of spam might not be the best business model. For a quick buck though, anything is worth trying.

I'd say there's more than enough tools out there already to help people spam their social media profiles into being worthless.

The problem with these is that now that everyone is doing it, you're better off not doing it, especially if you want to be a signal in the noise of mass spam.

The problem with yours specifically is that you'll still have to intervene to make sure it's not posting nonsense or offensive memes. And if that's the case then you may as well manually load up a scheduler, of which a million already exist.

I wouldn't use this, but with the right marketing and pricing your buddy could sell plenty of copies on WaFo and BHW to some suckers.

Back