Wordpress Searchable Spreadsheet Data

Nat

Degree
I have a CSV of paired data, name | answer format. This data is published publicly, but it's pretty big (1,000s) and it takes at least 3 clicks & on-page searching to navigate to the page section with the answer you're looking for. I thought it would be way easier to make a search box where the user types in a name and the answer is returned. I don't know the safest/best way to do this in WP.

After searching, this is the closest thing I've found so far. But it hasn't been updated in 1yr+ and I'm always paranoid about WP security...

Hey @Nat, just started using this one wpDataTables on a new site and it works pretty great. We're pulling in API data into it and everything is working surprisingly well.

Hey @Nat, just started using this one wpDataTables on a new site and it works pretty great. We're pulling in API data into it and everything is working surprisingly well.

Thanks for the suggestion, looks pretty similar to TablePress. After looking at the limitations, it doesn't look like its going to fit my needs. It seems to have a search bar (as does TablePress), but I don't want to display any data until a search query is made. Additionally, the plugin has a cap of 150 rows.

why not put it into a db then call it with a restful api

No problem, we're using the Pro version and so I didn't realize the limitations. Hope you find something that suits your needs. If I come across anything else similar to what you're looking for (results not listed until a query is made), I'll be sure to let you know.

Edit: Here is a link to the pro version: https://codecanyon.net/item/wpdatatables-tables-and-charts-manager-for-wordpress/3958969

Could this work as a link building tool on PBN's? I mean using it as a way to staff a couple of links as a searching database.

Back