Wordpress - Post Templates with custom fields

Degree
Hello guys,

I am thinking about creating a simple post templates for a review site, where I can add a section if I have some content and leave it out if I do not have some content. The result should be a fast setup of review site, with rewritten content.

My strategy is:

1. Scrap content from multiple review pages
2. Create post template and pre-fill it with content
3. Edit and rewritte the content in the post to quickly generate pages(around 15-20 pages)

My questions are:
  1. Coding such a template is one viable option, still I am looking for a fast way to set this up. Can you recommend a plugin?
  2. What do you think about this plan? Anybody tried sth. similar in the past?
Thx in advance for your replies!

Can't recomaend a plugin that does that, can't think of any that I've heard off that does it.

Sounds like a good plan. haven't tried it in that way, only thing I see as a potential pitfall is the duplicate content issues however if executed corectly that is easily solved.

Now your third question should have been "how much do I chage for this?", couse their would definatly be a hughe market for it at the right price

This is a free plugin that will help you use Custom Fields:

https://www.advancedcustomfields.com

It can set up the conditionals for if you don't have content for those fields to leave it empty.

You'll still have to set up the template itself that will draw from the info you put in each post. This will 100% get the job done for you and keep you from having to recreate each field on each post.

I think WP All Import should be able to do all or at least most of that: http://www.wpallimport.com/

It does have some ability for IF statements, to catch fields that don't have content and just leave them out. I haven't used it for that specifically, so take my words with a grain. The nice thing about it is, you can just scrape your content, orient the columns in a spreadsheet how you want them, for the fields you need. Then create the actual post template once, so you have all of the HTML (using your WP editor Text mode, for example). Now import the source file with WPAI, then jump through the 3 or 4 steps to import. One of the steps will have you copying over your HTML into WPAI's post editor, then drag and dropping fields into their relevant places in the code. Once you're done there, you're done!

If you want, you could have a column for post status (draft, published, publish at a specific date/time, etc.), or just simply set that in the WPAI editor for the template. Everything would then be imported as drafts. You could then edit your source file, if you wanted, to write your unique content, then re-upload it (be very careful to maintain the exact same format, layout, columns, etc.), and have it set everything to published in bulk. Also, If you randomly generate timestamps, you can have it set to progressively publish posts on whatever schedule you'd prefer. I've done this for one site, where I needed a constant flow of curated posts for one section of the site, and have then had a VA curate with that template. End result has been a pretty much hands-free ~700-800 posts progressively published over 6-8 months, with only a few hours effort from a VA once a week. Nothing super high quality, since the need wasn't high ROI and didn't demand more time/resources, but it's there and generating traffic. Even better if it was rewritten with unique content. It's certainly a potentially great way to come up with seed content for a project, to jump start your progress and potentially jump past writers' block.

Back