Wordpress is becoming the biggest piece of sh-t ever.

contract

We're all gunna mine it brah.
Degree
Getting harder and harder to run a real business using it.

Everything was working 100% fine last night.

This morning, I can't even upload images.

Check my server logs, ran a security audit, etc. Nothing!

Literally no idea how this even happens... :( In the past 24 hours I have only created new posts, nothing code wise has been charged or updated.

My host can't figure it out (opened a new ticket) and I can't either. Out of options while I'm writing this for the moment. Even the WP support blogs, forums, etc don't have a solution that works.

Any time I've run into that specific error it's because I've hit my storage limits on a server, either storage amount, inodes counts, or file number restrictions.

Yep storage limit is really common, especially if you're on a dedi using accounts in a vps container. I used to hit limits all the time, because I was logged in to an account I didn't get notifications for.

Only other time this has happened to me on WP, is using an on site third party image optimizer... if the connection to their server lags at all, it usually hangs on upload and there isn't anything you can do about it until things calms down. (often, then entire WP dashboard will slow to a crawl)

"I can't even upload images"

What happens when you try to?
Do you have access to the shell?

Good advice to all.

Only at 13% disk usage. My server is overkill, but I like it that way. :D

The issue is: "missing a temporary folder" error whenever I try to upload an image in media or post editor, etc. Tried the wp-config fix no luck, tried the php.i thing, no luck... Tried checking the folder permissions, everything was normal. Reboot the server, no luck.

Only options now are upgrade to another WP version, and have to possibly re-code a handmade plugin I had built. (Last wp version broke it and I had to fix it) or re-install WP all together... OR... Revert to the last backup and lose a month or half worth of content which isn't happening. I would backup more freq, but when you run a MASSIVE site it just kills your server, space allotment and pocketbook lol. I'd assume the issue would turn up again, so that wouldn't work either.

Not sure.. Waiting to hear back from my host, hmm. Spent an hour with them today but no luck.

"The issue is: "missing a temporary folder" error whenever I try to upload an image in media or post editor, etc. "
Usually, that's a permissions issue - create "tmp" & "temp" (edit: I don't remember which one, so do both) folders under your user home and WP home with 777 and try again with sudo/ as root.
Edit 1: Make sure to change the permissions back later.
Edit 2: It has been a while so I checked the latest version (4.9.1) - doesn't seem to have a WP_TEMP_DIR in there by default. Still, you can check your wp-config.php and see if you have the variable and if so, see where it is pointing to. (Edit 3: If this is there, then you don't need to use /tmp - which I assume you already checked for permissions)

Fixed it...

Removed all those fixes..

And just updated to the latest WP version.

Confuses me how it could just break like that randomly with no one changing any files.

:smile:

NBEdTsN.jpg

Back