Windows 11 Upgrade

Degree
Has anyone upgraded to Windows 11 yet? I'm thinking of doing this weekend. Just curious to hear if anyone has any thoughts on how the experience has been. I'm not a gamer, I use basic biz software and SEO tools, online tools and Excel and Word.

That's it.

Thoughts?

Don't tell me everyone here is a MBP user. I have one here that I haven't opened since covid. Is no one using windows now?

I did, but didn't like the interface. Reverted back to 10. Will try again after a year.

I ditched the MBP because I like Windows better but that's just me.

I don't like jumping into "new things" too soon. Especially versions of OS's.

I can't help you with Windows 11. It's only been generally available for about 6 months. Too early for me to even attempt to install and play with. I wanna make sure all my 3rd party hardware and software works and I also want to make sure any and all major bugs worked out and plenty of "how to" videos are on YouTube for when I wanna do XYZ stuff.

I tend to feel people jump into opportunities just because "of the opportunity", instead of really needing to.

Example.. Windows 10 ( which I use on 80% of my laptops/desktops, the other 20% is Mac/Apple ) works perfectly. However, I only installed Windows 10 in 2019.. almost 4 years after it was available and the bugs worked out and plenty of "how to" videos were released about all it's features and all 3rd party software/hardware had time to update their drivers and etc.

And, I came to Windows 10 from Windows 7.. not from the version prior to Windows 10.

I only made the jump when I needed to and when everything was worked out, not because Windows 11 rolled out or become an option in Windows 10 for me to do so.

I'm the same with phones/cars/etc. I'd still be rocking my Iphone 3 if it had not been stolen.. but I got a Samsung S8 when the 9 had been out for a year because I knew it wouldn't suffer from driver or software issues and I carried that until this year when I finally bite the bullet and decided to do more in the Apple Ecosystem and got an iPhone again.

I don't purchase new model years of cars because of the same reason. Recalls and stuff are just too annoying. Working out bugs and other issues is a pain just because you wanted the "new" body style of a car or the "new" engine that no one even carries the oil filter for yet ( Walmart, AutoZone, etc ) or to find out the window leaks because the new body style came with a new window design where the weather stripping and moulding didn't fit right.

So i'd tell you to hold off, but not because I didn't like Windows 11.. but because I tend to allow things time before I jump into them.

Would that I could, but my i7-6700K processor isn't Windows 11 compatible.

I upgraded to Windows 11, and I like it. I like the newer security features. I don't have all 100% activated because my Brother Laser printer doesn't have a newer driver to make it completely secure according to Windows 11. No issues in a couple months of daily use. I too came from a Mac Pro, but the pricing was getting silly so I built my computer during 2020 summer bored pandemic.

Back