Why Instagram?

Degree
I have noticed a handful of people talking about filling out instagram accounts to go along with their sites.

Why?

How do you get traffic from there? How does it benefit your sites? Are that many people clicking your profile link?

Thanks!

People are talking about it like it's some sort of gold mine.

Where's the proof?

I have yet to see ONE traffic report or sales report that is directly tied to IG.

I don't buy the whole direct traffic thing.

Maybe people are clicking on the profile link, but again where's the proof...

So what if you have a 100,000 followers? How many of those are bots..

All the forums have journals with people acting like once they reach a million followers, they'll somehow magically be pulling in all this loot.

The ones that reach big follower counts, never post revenue or traffic #s.

I get that you can sell posts or the account, but that's not big brand stuff.

That's a small side hustle.

I've read articles where people are running 30-40 accounts, and using them to pump up big brands. But again, those were already established brands and there's no record of any revenue or traffic being generated.

As of right now, it's being dramatically over hyped.

The online industry always does this for new platforms.

I use my Instagram account for my brand because other people give a lot of credence to a high follower count and lots of likes and comments. This makes it very easy for me to pitch companies to review their products, get their products for free, or arrange some sort of affiliate deal with them.

It also works pretty well for giveaways and contests as one of many entry methods outlined here. I would agree with @contract about most of what he says if you're trying to go direct to customers.

In terms of traffic about IG, the thing is that you can get highly targeted followers hence quality traffic, but you need to bot a lot.. at least few hundred of accs will produce some decent traffic, investment in good proxies, PVA accs (Account creation on large scale is pretty big problem nowadays, so in most cases you need to pay), let's not forget about time for managing and ofc good bot.

People like bot codders, acc sellers and anybody selling anything related to IG hype the subject big time, and ofc noobs are all over the bandwagon.

Bottom line this is semi-free traffic source.

Back