Why I'm moving Away from Niche Sites + My Next BIG Goal

Degree
Hear me out. Niches sites are a great way to make, some extra income. Affiliate is good, I had a great run for a past few years.

What I've learned is... That I want to go where I am good, where you can make far more than being affiliate for someone else. My goal is simple to earn 100k€ a month profit.

That is by having OWN product. Yes I know it's far harder to start and it cost far more.

The main cons of affiliate are :
- You don't own a product
- Affiliate can easily be removed or lowered (good example is this)
- It takes a lot time to get first results (compared to advertising)
- Scaling business is much harder / you are limited.

The main cons of products are :
- Super "hard" to start
- CPCs are getting worse and worse (Q4s are worst)
- Products have limits (shipping costs, material costs etc. Problems of importing from China increased drastically)

Keep in mind I am not bragging or anything. I just want to say it out loud, my destination. Well, see you once I reach 100k a month.

200.gif

What's the game plan @Biggy? Subscription product (ongoing regular consumption), high volume low value item that is easy to sell, high margin high value item, etc?

Curious about this too. Seems like SAAS is right up your alley. Using your experience on the SEO side could be a great advantage in this space.

Ok. I read your post. You're tired of being an affiliate but, do you have the experience to launch a company? Even with info products, you have to provide customer service. That takes a call center and training the back office. With a product that requires fulfillment, you have to have operations in place to fulfill the order. Finally, with an actual product, you have to have a good reputation. You'd need high star ratings on reviews from actual customers.

While affiliates earn less, they also do less. Good luck. How much capital are you going to raise or invest? For us, we past $100,000/month in sales in under 2 years of me joining. However, that's year 3 of the company.

Oh! and I forgot to mention Google Algo updates, they can f* you anytime.

1. YOU DO NOT need call center.
2. Do I know how to start? For sure I do, I have a huge advantage, that I already advertised business with around 300k monthly ad spend, managing clients and so on.
3. Where I'm heading right now, I am not sure if this will be SAAS or products. I'll do some research before starting, then tests.

Regarding value. I am aming for high value, high margin, whatever it will be and not something, where you can have problems with support and where you need constant support for a lot of people eg. cheap products are out.

Oh! and I forgot to mention Google Algo updates, they can f* you anytime.

1. YOU DO NOT need call center.
2. Do I know how to start? For sure I do, I have a huge advantage, that I already advertised business with around 300k monthly ad spend, managing clients and so on.
3. Where I'm heading right now, I am not sure if this will be SAAS or products. I'll do some research before starting, then tests.

Regarding value. I am aming for high value, high margin, whatever it will be and not something, where you can have problems with support and where you need constant support for a lot of people eg. cheap products are out.
Uhh... No. if it's expensive, then you need more than a call center. You'd need customer service agents or sales agents or client handlers. For example, Muck Rack is a $12,000/year SaaS and they only offer their service after you book an appointment to sit down with them and go through a demo. You can't sign up via a sign up form. You're going to need more than a well developed SaaS to succeed in B2B. Good luck.

For me the affiliate business offers great income for the work invested - not saying it is easy, but having the fact you can run it by your own or with a couple of employees + flexible working hours and working from home is great for me. You can also just flip sites and expand your time to reach bigger volumes.

In my early 20`s I used to run a small local franchise shop - damn it was hard, investment was way bigger than I expected, to run a company you need to consider a lot of things you have never thought before + factors like Covid can throw you out of business easily (depending on the product).

Of course I believe with your experience you have taken all of these into consideration before you jump into that and I wish you luck!

Thanks everyone.

To @Philip well that's on you, if you think so. Either you can have high expenses or low. It depends how you do, what kind of "tactics" you take, how well do you prepare logistics etc.

That's true. It's risky, but with risk, there can be huge reward. With that said, I do have experience. There are always pros and cons. It's just the matter how you look at and how you manage.

Saying like this XY guy is spending 12k$ for SAAS is pretty rookie. That's just guessing how much I will spend without testing.

Do an SaaS but in the B2B sector, don't do B2C. Like BrightEdge. Their retainers start at $25k/year. It's like an alternative to Ahrefs for corporations. They have a tad over a 1000 clients.

Yeah if you can somehow create something targeting lazy ignorant brown-nosing corporate middle managers that's where the money is. These "locally successful" Business Admin bros are so stupid 90% of the time they're simply comparing who has the highest level of customer service because they know they'll be asking their account rep monthly for reports and dashboards that they're too dumb to figure out how to set up themselves despite paying $x,xxx/m for the subscription. These people are regularly told "blow this $xx,xxxx in the next two weeks or we might not get it again. SaaS for those losers = $$$$

So far I haven't launched project. Killed idea after some time. Now moving to idea 2 course.

Why I AM Not moving that fast? I would like to find a right idea based on my analysis and how hard is to do everything. My goal for this is 30.000$ profit / month. But more important is to find right team and actually help with course people. I do Not want to sell some crap just to make money.

Back