Why are Google Analytics & Ezoic are showing different pageviews amounts?

Degree
Is there any reason to worry about a discrepancy in page views between Google Analytics and your website Ads provider? There has been a discrepancy for me for a couple of weeks now but yesterday's difference was quite huge. Google Analytics shows that I received 115 page views, while Ezoic shows that I received 600+ page views.

Is there any reason to worry about a discrepancy in page views between Google Analytics and your website Ads provider? There has been a discrepancy for me for a couple of weeks now but yesterday's difference was quite huge. Google Analytics shows that I received 115 page views, while Ezoic shows that I received 600+ page views.
In this scenario, Google might be filtering bots they know about that Ezoic isn't filtering.

Usually it'll be the other way around where Google will show more visits than the ad network, and this is ofter due to ad blockers that block the ad script but not the analytics. Sometimes your analytics gets hit by ghost referrers that never actually visit your site but just ping random analytics IDs, which can cause a higher number in the analytics.

In this scenario, Google might be filtering bots they know about that Ezoic isn't filtering.

Usually it'll be the other way around where Google will show more visits than the ad network, and this is ofter due to ad blockers that block the ad script but not the analytics. Sometimes your analytics gets hit by ghost referrers that never actually visit your site but just ping random analytics IDs, which can cause a higher number in the analytics.
Interesting. I heard some others suggest that it could also be people not pressing the "Accept Cookies" button that Ezoic displays at the bottom of the page. I've had a discrepancy between GA and Ezoic since I got ads up and running (around 2 weeks ago) but the discrepancy probably averaged around 50-70 a day in favor of Ezoic, before Friday.

I wonder If I enabled something in Ezoic I shouldn't have. For instance, I'm at 23 page views for today (11:08 am PST) when I've been at 150ish most days (according to GA) the last couple of weeks at this time of day. I also integrated GA4 into the GA I already had a couple of days ago - this could also be causing some kind of problem.

These are my numbers over the last week for page views:

Ezoic
Mar. 14 - 448
Mar. 15 - 408
Mar. 16 - 390
Mar. 17 - 357
Mar. 18 - 404
Mar. 19 - 638
Mar. 20 - 393 (probably higher than this. Don't think Ezoic is up-to-date for yesterday yet)

GA
Mar. 14 - 336
Mar. 15 - 296
Mar. 16 - 290
Mar. 17 - 261
Mar. 18 - 288
Mar. 19 - 216
Mar. 20 - 96

Appreciate the assistance.

@Titan243, there's no way Ezoic is not collecting pageview numbers because someone didn't accept a cookie. That would render everyone's RPM stats and CTR stats worthless.

It could be that Google Analytics has you putting their ad code in the header so it loads early, and Ezoic might be lower (in the footer or at the end of the page container, not sure) so the ads are loading and everyone sees them, but the tracking script never gets around to firing (which would be separate from the ad tracking scripts if this scenario is even true)?

Are you sure you're looking at pageviews on Ezoic and not Ad Viewability Impressions?

I meant maybe Google isn't collecting the pageviews because people aren't hitting "accept cookies". I'm inclined to believe that Ezoic's numbers are accurate and GA isn't (in this case). For instance, Ezoic is reporting that I've had 10 pageviews in the last 30 minutes, while Google says that I've had none.

Also, I'm looking at pageviews. I don't see anything regarding ad viewability impressions on Ezoic's backend.

I've reached out to Ezoic regarding this already but I'm probably going to do so again, as I'm a bit lost.

I meant maybe Google isn't collecting the pageviews because people aren't hitting "accept cookies". I'm inclined to believe that Ezoic's numbers are accurate and GA isn't (in this case). For instance, Ezoic is reporting that I've had 10 pageviews in the last 30 minutes, while Google says that I've had none.

Also, I'm looking at pageviews. I don't see anything regarding ad viewability impressions on Ezoic's backend.

I've reached out to Ezoic regarding this already but I'm probably going to do so again, as I'm a bit lost.
It's a weird issue for me as well.. I`m very close to getting to 100k so I can try to talk to adthrive, but ezoic shows me very close to the target, while GA is giving me around 80k views, so almost 20k views difference:smile:

It's a weird issue for me as well.. I`m very close to getting to 100k so I can try to talk to adthrive, but ezoic shows me very close to the target, while GA is giving me around 80k views, so almost 20k views difference:smile:
Adthrive will work on GA stats.

Back