Which used iPhone?

bernard

BuSo Pro
Degree
Since upgrading to Macbook Air, I now have Macbook, iPad, but need an iPhone to connect them all. I like the syncing ability of Apple products, such as easily being able to share photos and not least a Calendar.
I actually was about to buy an iPhone 6 for a little $100, but decided against it, when I saw a youtube video saying it felt slow and the camera was subpar.
I have a Huawei P-Smart, which is actually a nice phone and has kept its value, even increased with the new model.
So, if I were to get a used iPhone, which model would be worth getting, where I'm improving on my P-Smart and not going backwards too much.

I have an iPhone 6 still. It's not slow at all, but it should be hitting that wall where if you update iOS you'll get that artificial slowdown, which is what they're probably talking about. I haven't updated iOS in many versions because that's how Apple does planned obsolescence. They do it through software since their hardware is so nice it'll run forever.

The camera is definitely not on par with any version past it. I was sitting with a couple friends who had iPhone 8's and 10's or whatever and we were snapping pics and showing each other and theirs were a league beyond mine in focus, the way it handles lighting, etc.

Yeah, the camera is sort of a dealbreaker. I don't want to go back to grainy pics. I just looked at some I took with my iphone 4 and it's so bad quality compared to even the cheapest phone now.

One thing to look out for is battery life.

I got an iPhone 6 given to me for free around March and if I use any apps like Instagram, Snapchat, etc. the battery literally drops from 92% to 64% instantly. If you don't really use apps and you're only using the phone for texting, etc. then the battery doesn't get sucked dry very quickly though.

If it were me I would at least get an iPhone 7 at this point (mind you I'm not sure how expensive they are currently).

I wouldn't buy anything less than the iPhone 6s model. Anything older than that will be obsolete with iOS 13 in less than 2 months when it's released. The 6s is still a very fast and capable phone with an excellent camera. But be careful buying used. Make sure the "Battery Health" is decent and Touch ID/button work properly. Once the battery is below 90%, performance is significantly impacted. And both battery and buttons can be expensive to replace and repair.

Which carrier do you have? Lots of deals on new iPhone models depending on which service you choose. Visible (owned by Verizon) has the 7 for $199 right now https://www.visible.com/shop/smartphones/iphone-7

Back