Which social sharing plugin do you recommend?

Sutra

Investor and Business Mentor
BuSo Pro
Degree
I know that if I create my own custom version it will minimize site slowdown. But I don't want to spend time fiddling around with that right now. I'll do that when I have more time. For now I just want a plug-n-play solution.

I only want so share to Facebook. I don't care about the other networks.

Here's what I'm looking for:
  • Floating bar on left for desktop (showing just the square Facebook "F" icon)
  • Anchored to the top of the screen on mobile (showing "Share This On Facebook" spanning the entire width of the screen)
  • The ability to change desktop and mobile sharing button sizes independently
  • Free or Paid is fine but no subscriptions
What do you suggest?

@badya122 It does look cool but from what I saw it requires a yearly membership fee/subscription.

I use mashshare. I think there are options for everything you want.

I know you said you wanted to avoid it, but I always recommend creating your own unless you find something that is actually decently coded (rare for plugins). Social sharing is something that's easy to put together too with not so many lines of code. I wrote this on this forum and it might help out.

Saying all that, you might like AddNow, which is still lean and gives you analytics, out of the box solutions, etc. Depending on how much you want to change on mobile that should be handled here too. Been a minute since I used it but I'm sure they still have a floating share bar. Only adds a couple ms when loaded.

I heard Social Media Feather was pretty lightweight. I'm using it on one of my sites but to be honest I haven't actually looked into how it performs yet!

What kind of click/share rates have you guys had with social plugins?

The few projects I´ve looked into it/tracked the volume has been absolutely irrelevant.

Think it´s been suggested here you might as well have an image with the icons linking out or to your "social medias" page on your site if the upside is speeding your site. Any thoughts or is there a downside I should think of?

None, hard code it.

- Stop tracking, data leeching, etc. It's your data!

- Cut out the load times and scripts.

Back