What's good in an SEO/IM curriculum vitae?

Degree
Anyone here work at (or have worked at) an agency or inhouse? Or, better yet, anyone here hired someone for an SEO/IM position? What are good things to list? What would be things that'll make someone stand out?

I'm currently working on the AdWords, Analytics, Bing Ads, and Hubspot certificates. I plan on publishing some thought about SEO/IM, maybe a self-published book on Kindle or a YouTube channel (sorta like https://www.youtube.com/user/elithecomputerguy but it'll be power point slides). I'm thinking about creating a web app, sorta like @juliantrueflynn 's FAQFOX.com. I also have a diploma in Psych and Marketing.

I'm targeting Startup companies if that helps.

I know this is somewhat the opposite of BuSo's culture but I need to show the bureaucrats I have a valid reason to stay in the country. Haha I might also learn a few things too.

I've worked my way up the agencies and am now the lead inhouse (SEO) for a large site here in the US.

Here is what I would list:
All tools you have used or are proficient in.
-You'd be surprised how many times HR or upper management will lean towards a candidate because they have the right tools mentioned. You and I know that any competent SEO can hit the ground running with a new tool but other departments are used to using a few tools and assume that each requires specialized training.

Any coding languages you are proficient in.
-Include any that you can read / edit (just qualify your skill level)

Most importantly, show you can produce results.
-Screencap analytics, rankings, etc. This goes a loooooong way as most SEOs dont provide this. Just show that you can actually positively impact things in serps. Old projects work great too, show that you improved traffic for a site 2 years ago and its still at those levels, most companies are scared of being penalized so this goes a long way.

Other tips:
Tuneup your Linkedin profile
-I personally search a candidate on LinkedIn before anything else. Try to get a few recommendations and fill out the basic descriptions, etc. Make it match your current narrative and resume.

Don't Lie.
-Candidates may claim a huge lift in traffic or how they built X links, etc. They don't understand that a quick search in SEMrush or ahrefs can be done to verify the results. People don't want dishonest employees on their team so don't stretch the truth too far.

There are a ton of shitty candidates in the marketplace (mine at least), so have some confidence going in.

Back