What's a Good Monthly Average ROI per Article?

Jared

Breaking the Shackles of a Lifetime of Bummery
Degree
I've probably asked this before, but . . .

Does anyone here have an average monthly earnings, per article, of what they considerable acceptable? I realize it's going to vary dramatically, hence why I'm asking for average.

Let's say in October you produce 10 articles. What total monthly earnings would you need those articles to bring in to consider them a success?

Is an expectation of $15 average monthly earning per article I produce reasonable (taking into account good keyword research)?

Thanks.

That's pretty difficult to answer. If you are an expert in your field and providing in depth articles that answer the search intent and also promote that article you are going to want a higher return on investment than something you get written on Upwork.

Niches are different, types of content are different, funnels are built in different ways.

I think is a value judgement you gave to make yourself. Not the answer you were looking for I know, but... It depends

@Jared, the only way to know is to have the data already and then crunch the numbers. And then it gets more complicated because, following your example, if you produce 10 articles, 1 of those is likely to make the lion's share of revenue and take up the slack of the other 9.

So if you want to find out what the expectation is per article, it's probably pretty low. But if you think of it in batches, it's probably not so bad due to having one article become a winner. 20% of your content will bring in 80% of the revenue.

Of course it also depends on your monetization methods and your ability to track which articles are making money.

I've seen people try to calculate how much an article makes per month, with the ranking delay, versus how much they paid for it, so they know the break even point. Here's an example from FatStacksBlog. I didn't read it again but I feel like I remember he expects the average article to break even after a year of waiting.

If you don't already have data, it's 100% guess work. And if you're doing pure SEO it's going to be some pretty disheartening numbers if you're not in it for the long haul.

Back